Coronavirus

Holly

it's all in your head
The Dominican Republic is hunkering down. They've closed all bars and restaurants and as of 6am tomorrow are only allowing Dominicans into the country. Not that this matters to most of you, but that definitely means no vacation for me (not that I didn't already know, but at least now I know my ticket will be fully refunded).

Derick

Best Of The Best
Also, I hate working from home.
I'm 50/50 on it. I like the quiet, but I also like being in the office. I had the wfh convo with the boss man before all the virus crap, and we came up with a bunch of options. Just yesterday I decided im going to have in office hours during the mid day. Thinking something go in noon-4. So wfh the morning, go in, then just finish up an hour at home. They really don't care what I do as long as im available, but i do like going in so i think this will work.

Derick

Best Of The Best
so what do yalls supplies look like? in no way are we freak out hoarders, but i'll say we found a way to spend $50 at the grocery store last night. just went to check things out, and they had a surprising amount of canned crap like soup, chef boyardee, chili, etc. stuff's gross but we got some in case things do get bad. teenager will eat the **** too if things don't get scarce. store also had some paper towels so we bought the limit (2 rolls).

the one thing i am hoarding is beer :lol: just the cheap **** but got four 30 packs yesterday. it's fully stocked everywhere so don't feel like im taking advantage of anything. i'd be pissssssed if beer became unavailable. :lol:

Wandler

@nwandler
We're pretty well stocked. We have to fridges/freezers and both are full. Got about 20lbs of hamburger and a bunch of chicken. I spent about $350 on food over the past week or so. Outside of like milk and bread we'd be good for probably two months.

Got about 3 cases of beer, a shitload of wine, and all kinds of hard liquor. Booze we'll be good.

Jeff

Florida Man
so what do yalls supplies look like? in no way are we freak out hoarders, but i'll say we found a way to spend $50 at the grocery store last night. just went to check things out, and they had a surprising amount of canned crap like soup, chef boyardee, chili, etc. stuff's gross but we got some in case things do get bad. teenager will eat the **** too if things don't get scarce. store also had some paper towels so we bought the limit (2 rolls).

the one thing i am hoarding is beer :lol: just the cheap **** but got four 30 packs yesterday. it's fully stocked everywhere so don't feel like im taking advantage of anything. i'd be pissssssed if beer became unavailable. :lol:

My brother has some leftover stuff from his clients, so I loaded up a couple boxes of beer and a bottle of makers and crown. Should last us a little while

Derick

Best Of The Best
We're pretty well stocked. We have to fridges/freezers and both are full. Got about 20lbs of hamburger and a bunch of chicken. I spent about $350 on food over the past week or so. Outside of like milk and bread we'd be good for probably two months.

Got about 3 cases of beer, a shitload of wine, and all kinds of hard liquor. Booze we'll be good.
nice we got a deep freeze with a bunch of meat in it. im sure the stuff i the bottom has freezer burn but if we got desperate its edible. most of the stuff we have is all from before the freakout. we eat a lot of steamer bag veggies so when they go on sale we get like 50 bags and throw them in the freezer.

we're def good on food. beer though.....might scoop up a couple more 30 packs tonight.

Zuplar

Zup
I'm always prepared, not because I'm a crazy prepper but because of Okie weather, so I should be good at minimum 4 months if I wasn't allowed to buy anything. If there was no end in sight and I needed to I could stretch probably to a year, but then we'd be breaking into the MRE's and jugs of water I have in our storm shelter.

Wandler

@nwandler
I'm always prepared, not because I'm a crazy prepper but because of Okie weather, so I should be good at minimum 4 months if I wasn't allowed to buy anything. If there was no end in sight and I needed to I could stretch probably to a year, but then we'd be breaking into the MRE's and jugs of water I have in our storm shelter.
Good to hear. Of all people on here you make the most sense to be prepared.

Wandler

@nwandler
That's not crazy prepper by any stretch of the imagination. If I had multiple years....that's crazy.
I've long decided I don't want to be part of that world. I'd move to my cabin and live my days out fishing and drinking by the fire every night.

Zuplar

Zup
I've long decided I don't want to be part of that world. I'd move to my cabin and live my days out fishing and drinking by the fire every night.
I think you are right. I have a couple of places I could do that. I'm not sure I care to live multiple years if there is no hope to return to some sense of a normal world. I think having 3-6 months worth of water, canned goods, and paper products is just a safety net in case of events like this or weather related. Probably never need more than 2 months, but it's nice to have a buffer.