Coronavirus

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
NYSE shutting down the trading floor starting Monday. Digital only.

I don’t understand the starting Monday though. I know there are things that need to be done before that happens but seems to delay what needs to be done ASAP, especially there.

Wandler

@nwandler
NYSE shutting down the trading floor starting Monday. Digital only.

I don’t understand the starting Monday though. I know there are things that need to be done before that happens but seems to delay what needs to be done ASAP, especially there.
Every time I read a closing but it's not immediate I do one of these :facepalm:

Wandler

@nwandler
Speaking of, closed up the shop today thru April.
Good call. I hope you get the govt assistance you need. Was talking to Raps today and he's concerned Vital4U might not be able to survive this. I really hope it doesn't come to that because that's a great company and he's given them so much and he and his family are such great people.

Jeff

Florida Man
Good call. I hope you get the govt assistance you need. Was talking to Raps today and he's concerned Vital4U might not be able to survive this. I really hope it doesn't come to that because that's a great company and he's given them so much and he and his family are such great people.
We'll see what's available. Ideally a grant or something. Even a low interest loan is still hard to come back from if you get in the hole. Fortunately I can last 3-4 months with zero new income. I have about 40 members so if they can hang on with me, that will cover most of my monthly costs.

Edit: it's a blessing and a curse I don't have any employees. Some of the disaster loans are for businesses with a minimum of two employees so that won't work for me. Good thing is I don't have any employees I need to pay lol

Damn, I need to reach out to Raps. Been thinking I need some stuff from him.

**** our bar is closed. im jumping off a cliff.
They closed all the bars here for 30 days

Derick

Best Of The Best
yep its still up to the owners. the places we go to are spacing people out in the dining area, but that slows down business so they will close soon. i don't go there, but apparently all the bars and clubs were packed downtown this weekend. :facepalm:

Derick

Best Of The Best
This is day 3 of ours being closed.
still doing take out? our place is mainly pizza, burgers, wings so the kitchen is still running.

another place we liked was just a taproom but could get growlers to go. apparently he was going out of business before all this so he is clearing out his inventory and doing curbside pickup. think im gonna grab a couple growlers tomorrow.

Holly

it's all in your head
still doing take out? our place is mainly pizza, burgers, wings so the kitchen is still running.

another place we liked was just a taproom but could get growlers to go. apparently he was going out of business before all this so he is clearing out his inventory and doing curbside pickup. think im gonna grab a couple growlers tomorrow.
Not our regular bar, but most are doing carry-out. I don't do carry-out though, with the exception of pizza.

Derick

Best Of The Best
****. prob like our 4th or 5th spot is open tonight. limited capacity and seating. lots of places closing today so i bet they call it off tomorrow. i just called and even limiting capacity to a 1/4th of normal the place is dead. might actually feel like an asshole for going out :lol: can't decide.

edit: just dawned on me i bet all the shitty franchise spots are still open and have mor people. don't feel like an asshole anymore.

Wandler

@nwandler
****. prob like our 4th or 5th spot is open tonight. limited capacity and seating. lots of places closing today so i bet they call it off tomorrow. i just called and even limiting capacity to a 1/4th of normal the place is dead. might actually feel like an asshole for going out :lol: can't decide.

edit: just dawned on me i bet all the shitty franchise spots are still open and have mor people. don't feel like an asshole anymore.
Don't you go to Applebees every week?

Derick

Best Of The Best
Don't you go to Applebees every week?
Lol wut? To the best I can recall we went once last summer with another couple. Them probably a year before that with parents. That place sucks.

We actually don't have any of those places near us. I will admit to liking Chili's bc they have my ultimate fatass entree but probably only go out of my way to get it a couple times per year.

Derick

Best Of The Best
I could have swore you said you went to Applebees weekly with your son or something.
Dude that was probably close to a decade ago if I did. Back when I was single dad applebees was the place next door and we went alot. Kids though man they eat garbage. I just got boneless wings every time I'm sure.