Credit Report Fraud

InfamousRenie

quadcam's other ride...
Guys, if you're curious about your credit report or your credit score, do *NOT* use www.freecreditreport.com. This is not a spam, this is actually coming from me.

I just checked mine and quadcam's bank account and they took $12.95 out of our bank account and are causing us to overdraft! I researched them online and I found that they are a fraud company! We didn't give them any of our bank account info, and yet they still somehow charged us! I called the fraud line of our bank, but it's closed for the holiday. How gay is that? :mad:

For more info, refer to this site: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff208777.htm

I was lucky enough that my wireless company gave us a grace period and will let us make our cell phone payment on the 13th when we get paid, because otherwise because of CIC, our check would have bounced! Don't fall into this trap like so many others have!

I warn you because I love.

That is all. :D

Mustangered

When you order your free report here, you will begin your free trial membership in Triple AdvantageSM Credit Monitoring. If you don't cancel your membership within the 30-day trial period, you will be billed $12.95 for each month that you continue your membership.
It is right on the first page.

also if 12.95 sets you in over draft you have other issues at hand.

U get no pity from me.

I just signed up last week and got my free credit report and cancelled the next day. I even gave them a cc# cuz they needed one in order to sign up. I wasn't charged.

InfamousRenie

quadcam's other ride...
It is right on the first page.

also if 12.95 sets you in over draft you have other issues at hand.

U get no pity from me.
I'm not looking for pity, I'm just trying to warn people of what I found out to be fraud. Besides, if they're going to charge you, why the hell would they advertise as FREE credit report?

dvon1981

Resident Beer Guy
I'm not looking for pity, I'm just trying to warn people of what I found out to be fraud. Besides, if they're going to charge you, why the hell would they advertise as FREE credit report?
because it is as long as you cancel within 30 days. As long as you cancel you won't be charged. It does say it right on the site.

i used them once before..sent them 2 seperate emails canceling but never received a confirmation back..they charged me twice in 20 days. i called to have them remove charges but the cust serv rep said she would only remove the one. so i just told her no prob i'd get my cc company to resolve it for me and they did. gotta read the fine print anytime you sign up for something that is free...cuz it's usually only for a limited time.

InfamousRenie

quadcam's other ride...

dont listen to infamousrenie ( no offense).. she dosent know that the 12.00 ripoff will turn into a 80.00 ripoff because they will charge her card in 2 months

fair warning.. take it from someone here who has been here almost since day one.. i wouldn't lie to you guys
Oh, hell, how did you resolve it? That's freaking nuts!

InfamousRenie

quadcam's other ride...
i'm assuming you gave them a debit card when you signed up? if so, call and have your bank send you another one...they will disable that card number and they won't be able to charge it anymore
I don't know... I'm not the one who signed up for it, quadcam did. He says he didn't give them any CC info or anything, but I guess he had to for it to charge to our account like it did. He's the one with the credit, I have none. :(

InfamousRenie

quadcam's other ride...
EDIT: I didnt completly read the thread.. Sorry Renie.. I thought you were promoting it because your cell company charged an extra 12.00.. My bad.. Ill edit the thread..[/SIZE]
I was wondering! :p

No, I wouldn't promote any bullshit like that...

s0 when i called to cancel last week, they kept asking me to stay enrolled and i kept saying NO just cancel and she said ok ur cancelled.
i should still be worried??

I don't know... I'm not the one who signed up for it, quadcam did. He says he didn't give them any CC info or anything, but I guess he had to for it to charge to our account like it did. He's the one with the credit, I have none. :(
call your bank tomorrow and inquire about the 12.00 charge and then cancel that card.

kleistang

use www.equifax.com get scorewatch. its 12 1st time and would be 7.98 monthly and it keeps track of your score. you have a lot more products that are usefull but you can just use this one.

cobra232

you get 1 free credit report/year from all three agencies in the US Equifax,Experian, and Trans union. you must write th them to request 1.

or if you are turned down for a loan you can request a report withing 60 days of being turned down.

if you have any disputes on your report with any of the three agencies you must write to them a dispute letter. they will not answer phone calls.

free credit report and other so called companies are just scams that double or triple charge you for a service that you can have done for free at least once/year.

on a side note you can also approach a car dealership sales manager and offer him $20 dollars to pull your credit report. this isn't kosher but sometimes sales managers will do it for an extra andy jackson in their pocket

BadAssStang

Mustang Sally
I used to work for the company that owns them, they're shady. There's been a lot in the news about this lately.