Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Csi: 3.8

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MichaelB21, Aug 25, 2005.

1. MichaelB21

MichaelB21 Mr. Nice

This should be fun. Here is the scenario:

The time is about 1:20 AM on Thursday, August 25th. A loud crash is heard and upon investigation my brothers 1972 Chevrolet Blazer has been hit. The damage is miniscule compared to that of the young womanÂ’s Kia.

The driver of the car is in a panic. She keeps repeating herself saying that she doesn't want to go through insurance, that she'll pay for the damage done to my brothers Blazer, her cell phone went off and when she reached for it she hit the Blazer, she has been having problems and so on. She could have been drinking, it could be adrenaline talking (or both).

A few facts:

Her passenger side window is completely shattered. The same sides mirror has also been blasted and is now serving as a mirror for the driver to check her teeth with. Both air bags have been deployed. Her passengers side headlight is completely blown out while her drivers side is intact.

The drivers side exhaust pipe on my brothers Blazer has been shoved very far back. It seems clear that she hit the drivers side of the Blazer with the passenger side of her car. When I came out at first the rear window hatch was open, glass for her window is in the back of the Blazer. The force of impact may have blown the window hatch open and already airborne glass may have flown in. The glass is definitely not from any of the Blazer's windows, though the window is cracked.

I think I have it figured out for the most part. But I can't understand just how she blew out her passengers window and what she hit her mirror on. There isn't any corresponding damage on the Blazer to suggest that she slammed into the Blazer with her mirror or window directly. Any ideas on how that happened?

The most astonishing fact is that the Blazer was parked where her car is now sitting scrunched up. She moved it that far. The serendipitous nature of the accident is the peculiar fact that my brother forgot to pull the emergency brake when he parked it today (we use this car to haul garbage to the dump). It was in second gear when parked, but again no emergency brake. Had the emergency brake been on, I wonder what would have happened to her.

Let's hear the theories based on what I've said and the pictures presented. Is alcohol involved? How fast was she going? How bad would she have been hurt had the emergency brake not been on? How did she manage to blow out her window and rearrange her mirror?

Attached Files:

2. DarkEntity

DarkEntity Well-Known Member

I havn't read all that cause I'm lazy right now... but I'll be sure to read it tomorrow.

But looking at the pictures, you just have to love total loss vs. a bent tail pipe. :lol:

3. mkmatt

mkmatt Well-Known Member

Sucks for her. The window could have blown out from the temporary twisting of the body. My friend got in an accident with me in his firebird and his passenger window shattered even though it didn't get hit at all. Mirror flew off from inertia?? Doubt that but I don't know on that one. Maybe she was drunk and the mirror and window were from a mailbox or something earlier.

4. BadAssStang

BadAssStang Mustang Sally

she was drunk or on coke

5. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

It could have been her reaching for the cell phone, but at night like that it just as easily could have been alcohol or drugs. Assuming she didnt get tested at the scene by the cops its unlikely you will ever know. As far as the damage to the Kia it obviously hit a much larger and heavier vehicle that was parked. Its gonna get ****ed up in all kinds of ways. Too bad for her.

6. mkmatt

mkmatt Well-Known Member

I think the fact that she didn't want to go thru insurance, therefore meaning no cops involved, kinda proves the drug/alcohol theory. Nobody is gunna absorb that much money to fix two vehicles unless they are risking a lot more. Or maybe uninsured.

7. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

She obviously caused the accident. Her insurance if she had it would definately go up. She'd get a ticket or two. Theres only a few hundred dollars in damage to the truck and Daddy will prolly buy her another used Kia now anyway.

8. greatsave9

greatsave9 Well-Known Member

Probably didn't have insurance. If it's that bad, I'd call the cops definately. Next day you could have whiplash or something hurting, then she won't pay medical etc...

9. cooter

cooter New Member

Ok she HAD do be drinking. File a report and such.

The other window was most likely shattered by when the frame and body of the car twisted slightly upon impact, and in turn busted the window. It doesnt take much for side ones.

10. cooter

cooter New Member

...and damn that blazer is sweet :thumbup:

Haha look at the damage to her car and on the blazer (although its still present, and should be paid for) Its amazing. W000T 1970's

11. SFrymyah

SFrymyah Hi, I'm Steven

looks like a 25-35 mph crash, 40 max. i doubt she was drinking, as i've come close doing something like that. i had a friend that lost his life looking for his phone. the passenger side window could have been blown out due to the sheer concussion of the accident. i've seen that happen. mirrors are tough to break off, but i can happen