Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cut MAF post?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by killer2000stang, Dec 8, 2001.

1. I cut the maf post on my 96 stang, and seemed to notice a slight difference.  Is this a worth while endeavor on my 2000.  Are there any negative effects from doing this??

2. BeatAMach1

BeatAMach1 Guest

I have no idea what youre talking about. Sorry. ???

3. right after the air filter housing, if you look inside the maf, you can see a post, and at the end of the post is a hole with the hot and cold wires in it.  There were directions on Mustangworld (I dont know if they are there still) on how to cut out the post and just leave the end with the wires, which increases airflow.  Has anyone done this on a 2000 stang, and if so, noticed any positive/negative effects??

4. Iwouldnt. if you screw it up it will void warrenty and poss be expensive to replace.