Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daily Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wandler, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

What is that greenish/yellow stuff behind your grill?

2. JF

JF Jason

haha shitty grass. it's like that everywhere here right now.

3. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Ah yeah, grass. Haven't seen that stuff in months, forgot what it looks like.

JF likes this.
  4. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

**** that! Call up Dog the Bounty Hunter on his ass

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i've looked into that actually. not dog though :lol: boils down to being a loss of money no matter what since we'd have to pay. plus we don't really want to bother him since he has a history of drugs and violence. we know he'll never pay, but we really don't care about the money. he got arrested a few years ago and my wife ok'd his debt being cut in half. it was actually the only way he didn't go to prison, and was put on probation. court ok'd the new deal, he made one half payment his first month out, and haven't seen anything since. when he quit paying he quit checking in with his officer obviously. took them a year of that to issue a warrant, and now its like 3 years further down the road.

for the record the original debt was close to 80k. when they called (we didn't go to court) it was basically on his behalf b/c he said he could never pay that. it was his idea to ask if we would let half slide. at that time, we basically just said whatever. nowadays its still a whatever thing but more like "**** him he can go to prison".

Jeff likes this.
  6. Zuplar

Zuplar Zuplar

Today is bonus day, which means today should be awesome. Plus the weather is supposed to be good this weekend. Things are looking up.

7. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

annual?

a huge chunk of my income is from profit sharing that i get monthly. the slowest month of the year its about 1.5x weekly pay, but during the busy season it gets up to 5x weekly pay. its related to my pension too. for ex: the amount i receive as bonus pay is what the employer matches as a contribution. we've had really good years in the past where my bonus pay makes up 40% of my annual.

8. Zuplar

Zuplar Zuplar

Yeah it's annual profit sharing bonus. Largest in companies history.

Also get a Christmas bonus, but it's only equivalent to one months pay.

9. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

That's nice. I sometimes wish mine was annual b/c it just goes to savings almost every month. We were a little down overall last year, but thats only the second time in the 17 years I've been here. Even being down a little bit, my check for the month of the december was still pretty damn nice. We do a **** ton in sales the 2 months of the year.

My employer actually used to do it as an annual thing, but they stopped a few years before I started. I heard a few horror stories of wives divorcing their husbands as the checks come in January. It would take them time to sort it out, but the way child support works is a formula based on income and it would look like some of these people made 20k/month. They got boned a few months and just had to pay a lawyer to explain it all to the courts.

10. Zuplar

Zuplar Zuplar

Yeah that last part would suck.

We've been using it every year to pay off our debt, and by that I mean like my truck and our land. The only thing we owe on now is our house and a few months ago we passed the halfway point. Now that we won't have any other debt besides the house I will be taking what used to go to the land and truck payment towards the house, plus the bonuses, and should have that paid off in about 8-10 years. The plan is the time I hit 40 I won't owe a dime to anyone, and if we need new vehicles will have enough cash on hand to buy them.

11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

jealous, but we don't have a lot of debt. just the house and then both cars have a year on them. my student loans are long gone, and i think my wife is about to make the last payment on hers. we don't really mind making the payments on cars or house. the rates on these things are all pretty low.

every year we talk about not taking any vacations, and putting all that money towards the house, but end up going on vacation anyways :lol: 2 x denver and 1 x florida this year. we have cut back alot on going out at least. we're using that money for vacation funds now b/c we were spending close to 200/week on just dinner and drinks.

12. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

I will almost always have a note on my wife’s vehicle (30K-35K miles per year). But on the bright side, I will never have to have one on my vehicle (4K miles per year).

13. Zuplar

Zuplar Zuplar

Yeah I'm never cutting vacations out. I feel like that and my few hobbys are the reason I work. Our rates are all low too, I just hate paying for it if I don't have to.

14. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

****ing debt. I have about 81k left on the business loan and 9k left of student loans. Gonna try to get student loan paid off by the end of next year

15. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

16. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

UPDATE: Police advise that no charges have been laid against Fraser Anning, or the men who pinned the boy down. It’s up to the boy involved to press charges, if he wants to. He has been released, without charge, “pending further enquiries.” Investigation is ongoing. #7News

17. Holly

Holly it's all in your head

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Jeff and Wandler like this.
  18. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

going to in laws for corned beef and cabbage shortly. im not really a fan, but the wife loves it.

19. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Hard pass on all of it. Grab some
    crackers or something.

20. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

yeah i just think it's kinda gross. pretty sure is basically just a shitty piece of meat boiled in some crap :lol: