Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Daily Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wandler, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Jeep is coming out with a full size SUV next year. I'm curious what that's going to be about. We love our Grand Cherokee.

2. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

You keep saying Explorer and then say Expedition. Explorer is smaller than Tahoe and Expedition. My parents actually have a 2018 (I think) Expedition MAX.

3. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Some co-workers got standard Cherokees and there was ALWAYS one of them in the shop. Pieces of crap BUT one of our salesmen has a newer GC and it’s great. It’s like Jeep went SUPER cheap on the standard Cherokee and went all out on the GC. They were so bad the fleet company took them all back and they now drive 2019 F-150s.

4. Zuplar

Zuplar Well-Known Member

Right the Explorer would be my company car. I'm talking about replacing my wife's Edge with a full-size either Tahoe or Expedition (non Max).

5. Zuplar

Zuplar Well-Known Member

I refuse to buy Chrysler. My mom has a 2018 Grand Cherokee, and while it's nice now, I don't anticipate it making it 50k miles without starting to need work according to what I've read.

6. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Ah ok.

7. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Yeah, the regular Cherokees are trash.

8. Zuplar

Zuplar Well-Known Member

I've heard the Grand's are only slightly better. I'd much rather have a Tahoe then any Chrysler product. I know that Tahoe will break 100K before major repairs. That Jeep is doubtful. That's all my mom has ever owned, and none of them ever made it past 80k miles without needing more than normal maintenance.

9. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

I can't say, ours only has like 15k miles and is a 2015. So far, no issues though.

10. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Honestly, that’s also why I buy from CarMax and get the 150,000 mile warranty. We have NEVER been denied a claim. Our 2015 Tahoe did get the transmission replaced at 140,000 miles or so. We paid like $150. AC compressor etc, never denied.

11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Noted on CarMax. We became a certified pre-owned Hyundai family just b/c of the warranty, and actually have never had an issue so guess they are good cars. My wife got hers with 20 something K miles on it, and is close to 100 now. Same year a 2013 is what got at 15k, and its close to 50 i think now.

I just have an Elantra so the plan is to keep it for two more years. It will be the perfect car when the kid turns 16. At that point, we're either trading in my wifes suv for two more certified ones or, or i'll take it and she'll get whatever she wants. Probably the nicest certified santa fe she can find :lol: She freakin loves that thing. We almost upgrade a couple years ago, but they took away the panoramic sunroof. It's back now, but we're not shopping.

12. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

question on carmax. do you just buy the vehicle outright? im looking at one and they estimate 6% interest and 2k down. not going to apply right now, but does that get better? or just buy it?

13. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Our Tahoe gets 35,000 or so miles a year. Hence why there are 3 year gaps in our past vehicles.

14. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

We typically put down enough to get the note around $350/400. The rest we finance through a local credit union with great rates. We’ve done this on the last 3 vehicles.

Wandler likes this.
  15. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Holy **** that's a ton of miles. We put on like 10k miles total between our vehicles per year.

16. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

gotcha. thats what we would do. one i financed at the dealership and other from a local credit union. dealership set it up though. just making sure they offered other options.

question 2..... how much did the extended warranty cost and how miles were on your tahoe when you purchased?

this is really interesting to me b/c like i said i went with best warranty. i think one snag is gonna be the nearest one is 2 hours away. bit of a problem if we gotta get to the shop.

17. Zuplar

Zuplar Well-Known Member

Yeah Carmax's around here don't seem to have a to available. I know they'll bring them in from elsewhere, but I also feel like their prices are high. I found one at a dealer locally that was an '18 with 7k miles and had more options than her Edge and they wanted $38k for it. I feel like that's a decent option.

18. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Y'all spend a **** ton on cars :lol: 37k is what we paid for both of ours.

i bought new once in my life so that's probably why i fell this way about cars. lost my ass on that damn veloster raptor.

19. Zuplar

Zuplar Well-Known Member

Sticker on my truck was $59k, so $37k feels like chump change.

20. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

:lol: Yeah, my truck had a sticker over $66k. Just insane.

Zuplar likes this.