Dang Tree Sap!!

97micstang

got tree sap thats been on my jeep from the precious owner is starting to get to me. a lot of tree sap.. i bought the car last week so hopefully it hasnt been on there that loong. whats the best stuff to take this off w/o taking the clear coat or paint off:lol:

Ortiz

Sup
I just noticed i have some in my car too :mad:. I'll give her a wash once the sun goes down a bit.

RustyRodder

Dumbass. That's you.
fingernail, or VERY carefully with a blade. or hat water and lots of effort.

if its anything like the sap that was on ym friends dakota, a claybar wont do ****

nikko

Admin Emeritus
You definitely don't want to try and remove sap with a clay bar. that's just retarded.

Andy

Funny laughing blue guy.
You definitely don't want to try and remove sap with a clay bar. that's just retarded.

lol ... it would be a waste of a good clay bar, expensive as well.

Removing tree sap is all about being careful. Start with isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner dabbed on a towel. Just keep it off the paint as it will eat the clear off the car if left too long. Just rub it carefully on the sap, and it will break down. Be sure to protect the area after removing the sap. If it has been on there for a while, you may need to polish the spot to remove the outline left by the sap.

A less invasive method would be a heat gun and a plastic razor blade. This is not as easy but much safer. A couple other products that will work would be mineral spirits, Autosol or Dupont's prep sol. Oh ... and I've had success with Stoner's tarminator.