David Seifert's small 4.2 build

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Well my name is David Seifert from a little town in central AR, thought i'd post up a little about my build i have and will be doing again soon lol

performance wise:
the heads are SSM Stage 3's with the addition of a gary mod (8mm valve stems) they have the normal 918's and 1.94/1.56 size valves, comp 218/226 cam, P&P lower intake, windstar upper intake, stock 4.2 bottom end, pacesetter long tubes, O/R x-pipe, knock-off flow 40's dumped at axle, sct 4 bank chip, ford LSD and 3.73's

appearance:
1995 Cobra R replica wheels 17X9 wrapped in 275/40 nitto 555's, Mach II hood, painted by my uncle's good friend with refreshed factory mineral grey with the black racing stripes/spoiler, smoked raxiom tail lights..

from the get go of me picking up the ole 4.2 from a friend
IMG_0796.jpg

the collection of crap for the swap..
IMG_0650.jpg

a couple pics before it all got dropped in after it was cleaned up and painted
IMG_0833.jpg
IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
here is the factory tq converter next to the little revmax 3K stall that was installed
IMG_0836.jpg

after we dropped the motor in and had it pretty much lined out, sorry didn't take many pictures then lol (wish i would have of the heads)
IMG_0839.jpg
IMG_0840.jpg

drove her off to HPP in Lewisville, TX within a couple weeks to get her dyno tuned, had mustangmike! out there at the time and thanks to him got some really nice videos
the tuner played with a couple things and managed to make this out of the first pass :D (you can hear mike's excitement)
[video=youtube;jRxrdYB0vpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRxrdYB0vpk [/video]
had to mess with a few things that were umm wrong -_- then got back to tuning
end of the night this was the final run
[video=youtube;2Rgv7PZPaCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rgv7PZPaCA&feature=channel&list=UL [/video]
hp went down some after the pulls for the day but tq kept on creeping up, managed 261 on the last run

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
the heads were replacements for a mess up from GSSMotorsports which sent me a set of heads that had been overported into a water jacket, and brilliantly fixed with jb weld from the intake runner
here is what happens after it heats up and cools enough times to crack
IMG_0862.jpg

when i received them i was a little worrisome because they came with a weld on one of the heads.. but he said they had been pressure tested when i called so i stopped worrying.. (he was wrong)
after the first time or two of the coolant system being pressurized this happened
IMG_0877.jpg

well no biggie right? small amount of stop leak held up fine for a little while, then i noticed it was draining coolant at a decent pace... took this picture
IMG_1344.jpg

well didn't take long the weld progressed to crack...
IMG_1840.jpg

went through a huge ordeal trying to get a replacement set again he just wanted to do a one head deal which had this not been my DD i might could have lived with taking the head off and sending it to yentzer so he can match it perfectly and so on... but ended up he dropped contact because i called him out on his third strike (two sets of heads and a locked tuner)

anyways, for now i've band-aided the head (thank you subi stop leak lol) and it's held up pretty damn good, been a couple months and i've maybe added half a gallon to the car so it'll hold till i can get replacement heads

when i was up in MO visiting family i went over to Springfield and met a couple of buddies had some good times did some racing and even managed to get on a dyno again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2y1TyO-ctM&feature=channel&list=UL

a nice photo from track night :)
track lift.jpg

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Mr. Kyle comes in for making the replacements, he's making me a set of heads with 1.94/1.6 valves and a damn good port job, just going to swap over my springs/locks/retainers to them, he also has me a beastly little N/A cam made for the swap over too, shooting high, hoping to get in the top ranks around 280rwhp

also have some more plans for the current time being, getting some FLSFC's installed this tuesday (10/2), have some factory springs in the mail right now going to cut 1.25 coils from the front and 1.25 from the back with installing new poly iso's on both front and rear, have a friend who is going to sell me some lakewood LCA's and UPR UCA's but i won't bother with the uppers no need... anyone want them? lol and i just have some KYB shocks/struts to throw in too, nothing spectacular but a lot better than the 140K+ mile ones on here haha

sorry all the pictures are so small, they show up full size when you click on them :/

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Nice build! You got 1ftlb for every cube @ 261tq. I hope my motor makes that much power when it's done:coolface:

btw...what was the final lift on the cam?

V6procharged

lol at misleading dyno number on the last youtube vid david, 308ftlbs. i think you meant to put 1.56 in the new heads, and not 1.6.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
it was from it shifting haha still mad a badass tq spike ;)

and no brandon it's 1.94/1.6 going in!

and thanks macunicorn, can't wait to get it done, just a little while longer selling some old junk to pay for swap (four-wheeler i haven't rode in 2 years :lol: ) as for now i enjoy abusing everything the way it is :D

V6procharged

those valves are gonna be tight as hell in there! lol hopefully they help.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Nice build! You got 1ftlb for every cube @ 261tq. I hope my motor makes that much power when it's done:coolface:

btw...what was the final lift on the cam?

lmao i hope so! and thanks man, sorry didn't see this yeasterday for some reason :headscratch:

those valves are gonna be tight as hell in there! lol hopefully they help.

1.94+1.6=3.54 bore is 3.81 might cause a hair of shrouding but shouldn't be terrible if anything

Fixed your pics. :lol: Nice build!

haha thanks man, how did you make them show up bigger?

V6procharged

its not that expensive, hell, its best to have them flowed anyway to spec the cam. plus, who knows if they even flow better, could flow worse than what you have now.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
What have noticed is all flow benches flow different. It is best to have your cyl head porter see what it gains on the same flow bench.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
its not that expensive, hell, its best to have them flowed anyway to spec the cam. plus, who knows if they even flow better, could flow worse than what you have now.

I know it's not that bad, just messen

What have noticed is all flow benches flow different. It is best to have your cyl head porter see what it gains on the same flow bench.

well 'd rather not ship these off to kyle to be tested lol I can have them done locally and then once I get these off test at the same place..

i'm sure the new ones will flow better after what i've talked to him about lol

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
David, you ever have problems with water getting in your hoods vents when washing?

I have made it a habit to not spray them directly with the hose when i'm bathing the 'ole gal, but yeah it will go straight in on top of the motor if I hit the vents.

V6procharged

yah, can atleast try to compare with one that has same inches of h20 or w/e, 28" most common. just out of curiousity JT, what throat percentage did dalke use on your heads?

I have made it a habit to not spray them directly with the hose when i'm bathing the 'ole gal, but yeah it will go straight in on top of the motor if I hit the vents.

that is the reason i didnt go with the cobra r svo hood.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
it's not like it really hurts anything if it does, i never clean the motor anyways unless i'm about to head to a car show

but as for rain unless it sets still it seems to shoot from the front to the back without hardly going in the engine bay haha