David Seifert's small 4.2 build

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
if this window switch will allow me to do it, first gear 4-5800 second 3-5800 and third well the race will end before i finish third gear lol but start at around 3K

JTsStang

Boosted V6
It's a v6, spray out the gate. That would be like leaving the line without building boost for me. fyi, i like to see 7psi on the gauge before I let off the brake.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
So after I thought I blew out part of the 4R70W, bought a new one had it worked on a little (shift kit, small upgrades inside) installed it and the car still acts up... so pulling it again and sending the stall off to have it fix/upgraded better clutches/sprags and an anti-balloon plate installed for the nitrous. Only thing left that could be the problem needed to be upgraded anyways, at least it didn't blow up on me, just stripping the clutches.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Been a long time since I posted anything, after fixing all the trans/converter problems she's been running good since last summer. Done a fair amount of tune tweaking with Luis since my car likes to be an asshole lol. Went to the track this past Saturday in this amazing weather and managed to break 8.5's in the 1/8 mile with only a 1.90 60' pretty happy with her so far, next time I'm out it'll be on the spray.
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1410817211.679044.jpg

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Few new things here..

MP3 supercharger, still gotta figure out a bigger tb for it.
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751522.466829.jpg

Complete Team Z front suspension kit bought off a friend.
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751571.399909.jpg

Pretty coilovers with the 14-175# springs
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751788.133590.jpg

Forged H beams and pistons with a cleaned up 4.2 crank
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751680.394957.jpg

L19 rod bolts, because overkill
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751748.786469.jpg

And 1/2" main studs for a good hold
ImageUploadedByV6Mustang.com1418751819.979758.jpg

BRN2RUN

Nice! Magnum Powers sells some really good stuff. I'd noticed your name come up under the "good buyers" list on SCCOA, which I thought was interesting......but it would explain things.

If you're going the intercooled route with a typical SC setup, the Ken Wagner double intercooler works great.

How are you going to drive the belt on this? Did they lengthen the snout so that it will run on the regular accessory belt?

6 Shooter

Take a look at the Wilson TB. Say 70mm if they make one. If you go that route, you could use your stock IAC. Will give you an aluminum custom block that fits just under the Wilson TB. You would mount the IAC to the underside. The aluminum block was the first one I made, but had to make a second due to my very tight space. Square Flange Throttle Bodies (Ford Style) You would also need an '86 Mustang throttle position sensor plus drill and tap two holes to get the correct numbers (180 at idle) for your tune.

Last edited:

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Nice! Magnum Powers sells some really good stuff. I'd noticed your name come up under the "good buyers" list on SCCOA, which I thought was interesting......but it would explain things.

If you're going the intercooled route with a typical SC setup, the Ken Wagner double intercooler works great.

How are you going to drive the belt on this? Did they lengthen the snout so that it will run on the regular accessory belt?

Yeah that was Miguel, I traded him some nitrous parts for some stuff, and that was his blower I bought. He's been helping me a lot with getting stuff figured out for the swap too. I plan on just going on up to a big 4" core fmic setup. And I'll be using the entire supercoupe accessory drive setup so everything works just like a stock car. Only mine will still be splitport :)

Take a look at the Wilson TB. Say 70mm if they make one. If you go that route, you could use your stock IAC. Will give you an aluminum custom block that fits just under the Wilson TB. You would mount the IAC to the underside. The aluminum block was the first one I made, but had to make a second due to my very tight space. Square Flange Throttle Bodies (Ford Style) You would also need an '86 Mustang throttle position sensor plus drill and tap two holes to get the correct numbers (180 at idle) for your tune.

I've got a 70mm 94/95 gt tb that bolts up to the odd supercoupe pattern but they biggest they make in that style for a mustang is only a 75, I'm wanting at least a 80-90mm setup. I've thought about finding a cheap supercoupe one and swapping out the cable bracket but not sure how well that would go. Otherwise just find a normal bolt pattern style tb and "rig" the fourth bolt hole and remote mount iac. I like those setups Wilson has. I'm just not into spending that much money on one though. Thank you for the input.

6 Shooter

Think the key to the size of the TB is actually the size of the hole of the opening of the MP3 supercharger. The throttle body blade will have to fit (or partially fit) inside the MP-3 hole when the throttle blade is horizontal. You can't have the TB blade scraping or even touching the edges of the MP-3 hole. Measure it first to see how much room you have. Another option is to send your GT throttle body to a company that will bore it out to a larger diameter and install a larger throttle blade which will be a perfect fit. Done that with my old BBK. Went from 65mm to 72 with a bore job. And, the guy charges about $200 for the process. R.V. Morse Machine - You Bring It, We'll Bore It!!

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
They can handle a 85mm stock form, but Miguel got bored with it and opened it up and had a 95mm on it before he sold it off. It's hard to see from that far away in the photo but he ported it a good amount, I'll have to take a picture when I get home.

That's an interesting idea, I can move up to the 75mm and he might be able to get it to 80-82 then which I would live with since it would keep the iac and tps in a much simpler matter.

BRN2RUN

That's cool that you are going with the Super Coupe setup. Those don't make huge horsepower (ie: many SC guys with serious race oriented mods have real trouble cracking the 350-400 rwhp mark), but the low end torque that they make is insane. With your pistons, crank and upgraded things and better breathing heads on a split port, 10-12 psi might feel more like the 15-16 psi range in a more restricted system and should make some huge torque numbers.

How are you adapting the blower to split port?

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
That's cool that you are going with the Super Coupe setup. Those don't make huge horsepower (ie: many SC guys with serious race oriented mods have real trouble cracking the 350-400 rwhp mark), but the low end torque that they make is insane. With your pistons, crank and upgraded things and better breathing heads on a split port, 10-12 psi might feel more like the 15-16 psi range in a more restricted system and should make some huge torque numbers.

he's got a special adapter.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy

I've no doubt I'll make over 400, hoping close to 450 actually but I know the way the M90 cars react I'll have close to 500ft-lbs with barely breaking 400whp. I'm hopeful with all the work I'm doing to be in the running for some 10 second passes once everything gets lined out and I crank it more than the planned 13% OD (3% blower pulley and 10% JS). As for now it should be a solid 11's car for sure once the suspension and tune is dialed in.

I'm having a custom lower intake casted, it'll sit about .5" higher than a normal supercoupe setup would.

BRN2RUN

13 percent OD should get some great power. Super Coupe Performance sells some heavy duty tensioner springs, which work really well. They're a bit tougher to put into the tensioner, though....I had a nightmare of a time trying to re-torque them into the tensioner housing.

Nice on the custom lower intake! Definetely post pictures once you have one.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
Actually Miguel sold me some of those too I just never took a picture, I hear a lot of people bitch about them, not looking forward to it lol

Yeah that'll be under wraps for a little while, gotta have some secrets ;)