David Seifert's small 4.2 build

6 Shooter

ARP does make a larger hardened washer for the head studs that I am using to spread out the torque pressure. Don't know the part number but one could call and ask them.

Turbang_6

3.8 Turbo Build Under Way
ARP does make a larger hardened washer for the head studs that I am using to spread out the torque pressure. Don't know the part number but one could call and ask them.

Would be interested on what washers your using, I also am running those small washers and they leave a grove where they sit on the head.

6 Shooter

Did some research last night in ARPs catalog. The diameter of the nuts is .700". The diameter of the washers you posted is .812", barely larger than the diameter of the nut. ARP does make a washer of .995" which is slightly larger, though not by much over the .812" washer. The washier I am using has a diameter of 1.3". Part number 200-8429. All of the washers stated here are .120" thick with a 7/16" hole, same as the studs. The larger washer will spread out the clamping force across the head better to help reduce the chance of a head lifting on a boosted motor. There are 16 washers total needed for both heads. My part number will not be the same as yours as my head studs are 1/2" instead of the 7/16" stockers. The part number listed, I think, shows 1 packet.

Not sure how many washers come in that packet. Call and ask ARP that info.

Number Tew

Local Jester
Alright so with the loss of Facebook, I sort of lost track of this build. The other day my buddy sent me a pic of your motor to tell me to get off my butt and start moving.

So, just to clarify a bit, it's an M90 set up and you're still planning on spraying. Is the spray for power or for cooling? Is there room with the side mounted blower to run an intercooler?

Would it be possible to side mount an M112, perhaps one from a Lightning?

Sorry to load you up with questions dude. Just trying to get a move on with my build lol