Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dealers price gouging the 2005

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 2KSTANGFIRE, Nov 5, 2004.

1. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

I stopped by a dealer here in town to see the new Mustangs and was amazed to see a $7500.00 price added to the MSRP on the 05 Mustangs :eek: . I think they called it some kind of Market Adjustment. Salesman said it was because the 05 is in high demand now.

2. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

They aren't called "stealerships" for nothing.

This is how they killed the Thunderbird.

3. KY3.8Roush

KY3.8Roush New Member

yeah i was quite suprised to see such a price hike. I mean just because the bodystyle changes doesnt mean u have to try and rip people off and jack the prices up

4. djwolford

djwolford Never owned a stang

If it sounds too good to be true..........

5. hitmankb

hitmankb King

Im just going to wait a year or two and then get one. It should have more power and a few other tweeks(they always do). I like the new edge body style so Im torn........the major thing that I like about the new mustag is the rear quarter window, I dont konw why, but that is what attracts me to the car more than anything else. I wish the new edge stang had that.......

6. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

I thought Ford was cracking down on that ****...

7. Nl_Stang

Nl_Stang New Member

i just now got back from the dealership and placed an order on an 05' Gt. I am getting it for $23,758. It will be about two or three months before i see the car though.

8. HumpZu

HumpZu President of 3.8 Alumni

I saw a 05 v6 for 19,400 and some odd dollars last night. One dealership had 3 v6's and 1 gt. I couldnt see the price of the GT since it was in the showroom and it was in the middle of the night. Apparently i got there right after it was loaded into the showroom, because i saw the v6's being backed off the truck. The larger ford dealership got their this morning at 10:30. I have a test drive scheduled for tomorrow.

9. Dutch

Dutch New Member

Speaking of which, Berge Ford in Mesa has about 10 (I **** you not) Thunderbirds hanging around. At this point, I'm sure the first $10k under MSRP would drive one home...

10. MichaelB21

MichaelB21 Mr. Nice

That is seriously absurd. I love the 05 Stang but I would never pay $7500 extra for one. I'd sooner go out and a buy a nicer used car for that price.

11. KY3.8Roush

KY3.8Roush New Member

i just stopped by lane brothers ford in Ivel, Ky to look at a v-6. **my first look at an o5 in real life** they wanted 23k or 24k for it, depending on which salesman i talked to. I told them that they were trying to sale me a standard stock no extras added v-6 for more than what i payed for my 2000 v-6 roush. **I caught a break with the the dealership** I also told them for that much i might as well pay a lil extra and get an 03/04 mach 1 or cobra. These price hikes are crazy.

12. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I have talked to 3 different dealerships, none of whom want my business. One is MSRP +5k, one is MSRP +500 and one is MSRP. I mentioned to one that they should think about at least trying to deal with people because there will come a time at the end of the year when they will have 10 on the lot and will be really trying to sell them but all of us will have a bad taste in our mouths. The salesman gave me a line of BS about there are people with CASH who will just walk in a buy it (I have cash too but don't want screwed) and that you either pay the money and get it or you don't.

BUBYE Ford. I don't need this BS. :rolleyes:

13. xneox

xneox there is no spoon

Nice...Ford better get a handle on their dealers or they'll end up like Hardley Ableson....sure, they're still around, but if not for their t-shirts & coffee mugs, and the fact that they sell a $500 motorcycle for 2000% profit, they'd be ****ed.

14. 3.8MustangSteve

3.8MustangSteve Secretary of Defense

There are about 15 Thunderbirds in the lot of the big dealership near my parents house. They are probably going for cheap too. Told my dad about them since my mom likes them.

15. V6PowerHouse

V6PowerHouse A moddin' mofo

thats some ****, they are not even here in indiana yet, and there already jacking up the prices :disgust:

16. whipster24

whipster24 I bent my wookie

Heck, if people are dumb enough to pay that much then they deserve to be ripped off. The prices will go down and people patient enough to wait will get a better deal.

17. cguy

cguy New Member

On ebay there are dealerships with auctions for the amt. over msrp of 28 grand. So there are a lot of fools or maybe rich people that really wanna pay over 30 grand for a car that will be worth 20 grand in 6 months.

18. HumpZu

HumpZu President of 3.8 Alumni

27,200 for the one I test drove. They have had two area older gentlmen come in who wanted automatic GT and the cash to back it up. The only GT"s they had were manual and thats what kept these men from picking the cars up that day. They were both willing to pay the 27/28 grand for the cars in cash.

19. 94stangdude

94stangdude 01 GT | 87 LX 5.0

There is one at my local dealership, Hubler Ford in Shelbyville. It's a black GT 5-speed. Their markup is $2,500 and I thought that was a rip off. My friend is a salesman there...I'm going to see if I can get a good test drive. :D

20. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Its alive! ALIVE!!!!!!!!! I brought it back! :p

I finally went to the Ford dealer today and saw my first 05s in person. Very nice! All doubt is gone about the looks. Except the red interior. That doesnt look right at all.
    Anyway I had a hard time believing the markup on these things before I went down there. And sure enough $7500 over MSRP. Jeezus! I was looking at a gorgeous red GT with white stripes and right there next to the window sticker was the rape sticker. $35K for a Mustang GT???? Who in their right mind would pay that???? Even if I had money to throw away I wouldnt do it. Last vehicle I bought new was $7500 OFF MSRP. Too bad the world isn't full of more like-minded people so this insanity would not exist. Then we would see how long their extortion lasts when their shits rusting on the lot for a year.