Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Dealers price gouging the 2005

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 2KSTANGFIRE, Nov 5, 2004.

1. SP2004Mustang

SP2004Mustang New Member

well just to be a part of this, I saw a lime green 2005 V6 mustang at the newpark mall. Now fremont ford or magnesens are known for being the most expensive on mark up, but 27,300 for a V6 mustang. Yes it was fully loaded but come on now, thats way over done. I paid 24,000 for my premium GT in 2002. I think showing that price at the mall is just going to scare the people from even going to the dealership. Oh well :disgust:

2. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Just goes to show that the dealers know nothing about Mustangs. I also have to seriously question why Ford allows this and why they do not ramp up production to meet demand.

3. walied

walied New Member

I do not think so it still the same price here in Minnesota

4. rommey

rommey New Member

With the new Mustang, I believe it's kinda like this. When you drive by a club and there's a long line, even if the club is creating the line since there isn't that many people inside, doesn't it give you the impression it's the place to be? I think this is what's happening with the new Stang. Ford is trying to create a false sense that this car is hot and is flying off the shelves and warrants a premium price. I think it's working to a degree.

5. Jarrell

Jarrell Cammed Fury

Local dealer tacked on 3k. He justified it by saying it will still sell to quick for us to get new ones in. :thumbdown

6. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Ford is not the one jacking up the price over MSRP its the greedy dealers that want $5K- $10K profits for EACH vehicle. I saw this and got pissed. I didnt even want to look at the car anymore.

7. yon4

yon4 New Member

I stopped by Walnut Creek Ford on Thursday and they had like 5 mustangs. Some v6's and others were GT's. They had a White, Dark Red, Yellow, Lime Green and I think Black. The Lime green was a GT and it was loaded. I think with mark up it was around 31k, Forget that. Anyway I think it is a toss up between the dark red(nice) the Lime Green(looks better in person) and the Yellow(pretty nice looking) I just have to wait for next year and see how much they come down in price.

8. wreckedstang

wreckedstang New Member

Fully loaded V6 is $22k in Johnstown, but all Ford dealers around here are complete crooks.

I heard a commerical on the radio that one dealer is going to have a one-time weekend sale (I think this weekend infact) $11-12k for an 05 v6. I dont know if I believe that, probably a catch to get you in there.

9. stang101

stang101 ^Bryan^

the dealers here are already giving rebates on the '05's

10. leroybrown71

leroybrown71 New Member

When you get there, they will say "OOPS we meant to say 2004."

11. PonyGoes

PonyGoes Troll Hunter

Price gouging is going on up here too. A '05 GT is selling locally at dealerships for $36K ($41K after taxes) :eek:

No way I'd spend that kind of coin on the first model year.

12. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Ha! I went back to the same dealer today to pick up the part I ordered last time and the red GT with the white stripes was still sitting in the same spot, this time with the hood open. I was heading to parts and almost walked past it when I noticed the hood was up. I was like 'ooh!' and walked over to admire it when the salesman walked up. He said something along the lines of 'you interested in it?' And I replied, 'well maybe I could afford it if I sold all my crap and it was for sale at MSRP. Then he says 'well how about if you could get it for MSRP?' And I said "What?? You would take that $7500 off of it? Why did you put it on?" And his reply was "Well you cant get it if you dont ask for it." Then he tried to get me in one. Goddamn, salesman terrify me. I went through that last time I looked at a Mustang and bought it. Nothing I need more than being in more debt. Especially debt I can't afford. :cry:

Oh yeah I asked him how many they had sold and he said "3." :rolleyes:

13. leroybrown71

leroybrown71 New Member

You need not be terrified of salesmen. We're not scary people. What you need to understand is that they are trying to earn a living just as much as everyone else. If they can sell a car at sticker, or at a price above sticker, they make more money. It's business, that's how business works. Some people are better at negotiating, and will get a better price. Unfortunately for the salesman, he brings home a smaller paycheck. That is, though, how the system works. Generally speaking, the harder I have to work to get a deal, the less money I make on it. Backwards, but true.

14. motoman122

motoman122 New Member

i made the mistake of test driving one the other day. wrong move.....i gotta have one now. this is not the mustang i have known all my life. this is way better.

i was expecting to see an added something or other driving the price over sticker, but to my surprise there wasn't. i wasn't there more than 30 minutes and he was already taking $1000 off sticker and i never even asked for any off.

i think the economy is still to sluggish and most poeple are kinda holding back,. instead of the big mustang boom the car dealers expected, they are feeling the sting from it. i know it is one of the reasons i don't own the one i test drove.

15. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

I'm scared of salesman because they are trying to get me into something I know I cannot afford. Everyone should be terrified of going bankrupt for no reason. I would prolly have left with one if I had a good job and I didn't have other major obligations. :(

16. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Hey Saddleup, did you go to Stealin Mels or Robbin Rustys ?

17. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Mel Hambelton. I dont like being around pedophiles if I can avoid it.

18. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya, but hes dead now anyway.

19. Saddleup

Saddleup Huge Member

Rusty died?

20. nemesis

nemesis 2nd to none

they are one of the ford dealers in fort walton beach had a gt one week for almost 28 grand then the next week they had one for 25 grand both were the same except color.