Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Disconnected muffler on 03 v6 mustang safe?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by ItsReallyJ, Nov 21, 2019.

1. ItsReallyJ

ItsReallyJ New Member

Upopular opinion but i like the sound of the car without the muffler, for about a week I had my disconnected my muffler from the rest of the exhaust system which connects in the center of the underside but I left the cats. Would it be bad without muffler, health wise? Will exhaust fumes leak into cabin? I dont want my passengers to inhale detrimental exhaust fumes. I have pictures so show where its disconnected.

Attached Files:

2. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

It’s illegal in certain areas to run unmuffled exhaust.

3. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

That's definitely an unpopular opinion to like the sound of these without a muffler lol. These sound like total garbage.

while stopped you'll get exhaust fumes into the driver's compartment. While moving it won't be as noticable.

Plus what banditt said, it's illegal in some states to remove your muffler. And I'm pretty sure every state has a noise code that if your car is too loud you can get ticketed. The police generally don't enforce it on main roads but in neighborhoods I'm sure you'll get stopped for noise.