Does anyone have seat of the pants proof ?

which intake do you like better

• 1995-1998

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1998-2003

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

James Carr

sleep-er noun = fusing speed with secrecy
looking to find out from people who have done the swap any noticeable difference between early windstar intakes and the newer later versions. I have and early version (no bolts) so I was searching the local u-pull-it and found a bunch of new style intakes......is it worth the switch? and I'm not worried about hood clearance....

08'MustangDude

Profile Violation
No, it is a proven method to get some positive HP, but, it's done mostly to
be different, with a split-port plastic intake -vs- the metal one.

It's really not for 99-04s either, 99-04 Mustang is rated for 193HP/225lb-ft while
the same 3.8L block in the 89-97 Mustang only made 140HP/215lb-ft of torque.

It is a direct bolt on, but there are things that need to be done:
https://www.v6mustang.com/threads/ford-mustang-v6-upper-windstar-manifold-swap.270467/

fasterthanyou

As far as I knew the windstar was still single port from 95-98.

I believe there are 3 styles the split port guys use 99-00 windstar, 01-04 windstar, and then the truck 4.2l Intake manifolds.

I have no clue which ones flow better but I would assume the plastic ones aren't affected by heat soak like the cast aluminum intakes.

I know you were asking people who have done the swap. I haven't. I just wanted to chime in about the single port thing since its in your poll.

James Carr

As far as I knew the windstar was still single port from 95-98.

I believe there are 3 styles the split port guys use 99-00 windstar, 01-04 windstar, and then the truck 4.2l Intake manifolds.

I have no clue which ones flow better but I would assume the plastic ones aren't affected by heat soak like the cast aluminum intakes.

I know you were asking people who have done the swap. I haven't. I just wanted to chime in about the single port thing since its in your poll.
Dude Thanks for your input I didn't even consider the truck intake I wonder what that intake would do to my torque curve

James Carr

No, it is a proven method to get some positive HP, but, it's done mostly to
be different, with a split-port plastic intake -vs- the metal one.

It's really not for 99-04s either, 99-04 Mustang is rated for 193HP/225lb-ft while
the same 3.8L block in the 89-97 Mustang only made 140HP/215lb-ft of torque.

It is a direct bolt on, but there are things that need to be done:
https://www.v6mustang.com/threads/ford-mustang-v6-upper-windstar-manifold-swap.270467/
I have read your swap thread loads of times I have most everything to do the swap on my 00 but if I'm reading it correctly there is no gain? I'm different from most on here my mustang is well whipped and multi colored (not afraid to cut a hole it ) its had many changes over the years I have owned it the problem is I'm CHEAP! so I was looking to grab the free horsepower on this lowbuck swap but if there is none then I may want to use the 4.2 truck manifold for mid range grunt while I'm spinning tires... and getting no where fast

Spdricer

I think the best part of the intake is on the cast aluminum intake cylinder #3 gets lean because it receives a little bit more air than the rest of the cylinders which is dangerous

The windstar if anything would lean 1 and 4 first and these are closer to the fan..