Don't drive your V6 at 135mph..

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by speedbump, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Bucko Member

I'm all for "fun", but where are you going to drive at 135 MPH for any length of time legally? Let's be real (and sensible) folks, as well as safe. Street racing kills inocent people.

2. Billy Buck New Member

Ive been reading a lot on this what you can do is get a one piece aluminum drive shaft there many different brands and get rid of the two piece drive shaft and have the dealer take the program off that shuts your car down at 115 mph but I do agree 130 plus is for the track but it is nice to know you have the ability and piece of mind that its there if you need it and your drive shaft shouldn't have a weak spot

3. Mad Dog Member

I have had my Supercoupe up to 140+ MPH. No problemo.

4. Mad Dog Member

Well, I take that back. Even though the Z rated tires did perform well, you eat up roadway quickly. Make sure you puck a five mile steaight stretch of road to do this. Plus, put a rear deck spoiler on your vehicle. A slight curve in the road almost launched me out into the desert. I was doing 140 when I went into the curve. The backend raised up and the rear end started to come around. I came off the accelerator to 135 mph, ust in time to allow my rear end to settle down and stay on the road. Carry extra TP, just in case you $#!+ in your drawers. Seriously!

5. zacharyevans43 New Member

Would the dealership turn off the limiter

6. Mad Dog Member

and it isnt a 1990 SC V6

7. Mad Dog Member

and that old T-bird frame was built for speed, it was Ford's NASCR model. But I too WOULD NOT recommend driving light vehicles at those kinds of high speeds. They arent made for it. Be safe.