Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Don't have any fuel pressure 0psi?!?!

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by dave2000, Nov 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrwitty_1

mrwitty_1 Member

I would start by removing the fuel filter and adapting my pressure gauge direct to the pump and check pressure. This would allow you to see which direction to go, pressure there no need to drop the tank, go forward toward engine compartment. I would place my bet on a bad pump, impeller spinning on shaft, damaged flex line etc.

2. scottl7875

scottl7875 New Member

Might want to check the cam shaft position sensor

3. luck

luck New Member

so is the fuel pump even running (can you hear it buzzing even for a few seconds)
    if not try jumping it with 12 volts, pull the pigtail off behind the tank, there are seven wires inside the round plug, make sure you get the side of the pigtail that goes to the pump. (ignore the top 3 wires -those are the tank sensor, jump the two inside the cluster of four wires the inside two are the fuel pump, the outside wires are fuel gauge (BE CAREFUL -you can really screw things up)
    the pump will run backwards if you run the polarity backwards.
    ALSO there is a fuel pump control board in the trunk about 12 inches in front of the inertia switch i think it controls the speed of the fuel pump to regulate the pressure since mustangs dont have a fuel return hose.