Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Drove a Murcielago and S281-E yesterday

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zealot, Apr 14, 2005.

1. zealot

zealot danky-shindigog-boperrave

Sorry for the long jibba jabba but the Murcielago kicked my ass.

Yesterday was the off the hook day at work. By 1 PM, our driveway was so full of $100k+ cars that there was no room left for the people who came in after 1:30 with more exotics unless they dropped more than what the lowest current amount which was at $40 in $40 out. When the Murcielago pulled in, he didn't even bother to talk to the DW about leaving it up front nor did he reach for his wallet so the DW told me that it was going out. I get in and I feel like a little kid in a huge candy car, Lamborghini did a fvcking excellent job in making the driver feel weak at the knees. The interior slightly resembled that of a Supra in my opinion, the console and gauges predominately face the driver rather than equally face the driver and passenger. I shift into 1st gear and I had to rev it close to 3k just to slide off in first. I rode it in 1st to the light and waited for it to turn green because I wanted to atleast hit 4k in 1st and 2nd. I did so but only enough to hit the next light that wasn't extremely far away. I knew that this car's max torque kicks in just after 5k so I wanted to feel it. I make the right that we all make to park the cars and once you make that right you can hit 50-55 mph before the next light usually in cars like WRX's, G35's, 350Z's etc but when I made the right, I was already up to 70 at the very bottom of 2nd gear and I cut it off. Keep in mind that while I was past 5k in 1st gear, I was deafened by engine blasting my head and the exhaust note was second to none. I had plenty of room to continue accelerating but this is not my $400k exotic and I'm not ending up wrapped around a pole. I could've easily gotten up close to 100-110mph on that short straightaway but I'm not going to get fvcked in a situation like that. I've driven Ferrari 360's/575's, Porsche 996 TT's, Maserati's, and I've even had a ride in a Saleen S7 TT but nothing came close to the exhilaration of driving a Murcielago. I'm sure if I got to drive the S7 TT it would match up but I haven't so the Murcielago is the nicest and most fun car I've driven to date!

Onto the S281-E..

This was the man himself's car, Steve Saleen's S281-E that he comes in with about once every other week now. Saleen headquarters is a 3 minute drive from where I work and he brings in different Saleen's every once in a while. He came in at about 2:30 PM and once again, I got to take it out. I've driven every Saleen mustang you can think of minus the S281-E and wowzers, this car blew the doors off. Not even the 01-04 S281 SC's compare to how the E feels. This car is baller status in my book, it's got so much godamn power, it's a vert and the styling is awesome both inside and out. Very comfortable and the gauges are perfect. The engine sounds great and the whine is noice paired with the exhaust tone. The E pulls like no other Saleen I've driven.

2. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

3. CJ

CJ 1%

dude...where the hell do u work

4. Zim

Zim The Coors Knight

sounds sweet... where do you work?

5. zealot

I work at Irvine Spectrum Valet. It's the premiere valet spot for Orange County. Every rich fvck and their mom comes to the Irvine Spectrum and it gets off the hook. Our driveway has room for about 15-18 cars and they were all taken yesterday with exotics. We had a total of about $3.5 million worth of cars at once in our driveway. *Sigh* I love living down here.

Sorry derrick, no pics. I never have my digi cam just chillin at my work.

6. XxELeMeNt92

XxELeMeNt92 Hunter Green '98

how were u able to go drive his car though?

7. ScavX99

ScavX99 Bling Bling

that place cost too much to valet on the weekends.

8. zealot

Who, Steve's? His car's almost always get taken out, he doesn't care to much.

9. zealot

Come in when I'm working and you're taken care of.

10. XxELeMeNt92

thats awesome that he allows u take it for a spin and doesnt mine

11. ScavX99

ScavX99 Bling Bling

haha cool... last time i paid for valet and I couldn't even tip the guy haha cause i ran out of money.. haha he gave me the dirtiest look.. i was like whatevers you guys took the last amount of money I had in my wallet.. :lol:

i'll make sure i'll have a few bucks stashed awya or something.. haha

12. CJ

CJ 1%

whats the valet for? and why does it cost so much

13. ScavX99

ScavX99 Bling Bling

its a huge plaza with clubs, theatres, restraurants, stores, mall.. etc.. Parking is a ZOO on the weekends..

if you already knew sorry.. haha

i valet only cause i don't want to drive around for an hour looing for parking

14. '02Stang

'02Stang New Member

yup, its a very high end plaza. Plus its the "cool place" to hang out for those damn 12 year old kids. But traffic is horrible there and they are doing construction right now so its worse. There are quite a few valet spots all around the spectrum. I valet whenever I know I wont find parking really fast.

Hey greg, you work at the same valet everytime or do they move you around to other ones as well?

I remember I was at a movie at the spectrum and Greg text messeged me..."I see your car" lol. It was funny coz it was after one of the first times we had actually meet so we had just become friends. Dude, gotta let me know what valet you work so I can stop paying for valet :D

15. Crushricers

Crushricers THRASH ZONE

Sounds like you have too much fun at work. :p

16. WhiteSaleen248

WhiteSaleen248 Search And Destroy.

Yup. LA Sports Club is 3 block from my house. They have a huge parking structure which would have over $5 million in cars at one time. And in the front of the Gym they have about 10 spots for crazy cars. I always drive by, and at any given time they have $2 million + in cars, just in the front. This is usually where see the craziest of them all. Including the Ferrari Stradella, Porsche GT, Porsche Gambella, Many Bentley Phantoms, and sometimes Lamborghini's. Most common are Ferrari 360's.

Getting to drive any of them would be awesome. I am obviously extremely jealous. I got to ride in a Murcielago, and I drove a 911 Turbo. Hopefully one day I will own one or the other. :thumbup:

17. XxELeMeNt92

get pics for us, this sounds amazing :thumbup:

18. vertstang232

vertstang232 New Member

we never have these cars in blacksburg :(

19. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose ಠ_à²

zealot you work with bobby beachamp?

20. Mormonstang

Mormonstang Oh herrow!

ok so the Murcielago was fast, ok good I was wondering if I should go buy it today. Thanks :D :thumbup: