ebay cai

00V6Stang

You mean the breather tube? You just unplug it from the factory stock and put it on the ebay cai. From the picture, you seem to be missing another rubber grommet but you may have more than the picture actually show. How many were included in your kit? Anyways, consult http://v6stangs.com/how_to/performance/ebay_cai/ for all your CAI installation needs. :D

stang04

Todays Menu..Smoked Vette
My ebay intake went on without a problem and no missing parts. I guess I was one of the lucky ones. :D

99pony

00V6Stang said:
You mean the breather tube? You just unplug it from the factory stock and put it on the ebay cai. From the picture, you seem to be missing another rubber grommet but you may have more than the picture actually show. How many were included in your kit? Anyways, consult http://v6stangs.com/how_to/performance/ebay_cai/ for all your CAI installation needs. :D

Yeah if the picture is what you got, you will need another coupler.

macatak60

after alot of modifying i finally got this thing on. what is it supposed to sound like? is it supposed to whissle all the time and when and what speed should i tell a difference with this thing? any suggestions or answers would be great....now i'm off to work.....ya

TriTon2k3

macatak60 said:
after alot of modifying i finally got this thing on. what is it supposed to sound like? is it supposed to whissle all the time and when and what speed should i tell a difference with this thing? any suggestions or answers would be great....now i'm off to work.....ya

it whistles a little when you first get on it. it whistles when you get through a gear a lot of times. and if yours is like mine you hear the air sucking in most of the time. http://www.v6stangs.com/index.php?page=v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/index.php if you scroll down a little they have what the whistle should sound like, mines like the third one. your not really going to tell too much of a difference, but if you do its a little more go in your high end.

saywhat037

I got a similar kit a few days ago with only one coupler. The breather tube also doesn't reach or fit into the opening on the new upper pipe. Guess I'll have to take a trip to the store for those two issues; anyone have any idea where to get a blue rubber coupler? It'd be nice if it matched ;) .

Rellik

is a dirty pirate
TriTon2k3 said:
it whistles a little when you first get on it. it whistles when you get through a gear a lot of times. and if yours is like mine you hear the air sucking in most of the time. http://www.v6stangs.com/index.php?page=v6_stang_specs/articles/cai/index.php if you scroll down a little they have what the whistle should sound like, mines like the third one. your not really going to tell too much of a difference, but if you do its a little more go in your high end.

Psss, news flash... hte sound files were all taken from the same car... my car ;) :lol:

And thank you for posting the CAI Article.

macatak60, please read the whole article. It will answer most, if not all of your questions.

TriTon2k3

Rellik said:
Psss, news flash... hte sound files were all taken from the same car... my car ;) :lol:

And thank you for posting the CAI Article.

macatak60, please read the whole article. It will answer most, if not all of your questions.

were they, they each sound different
good article by the way

Rellik

is a dirty pirate
TriTon2k3 said:
were they, they each sound different
good article by the way

Thank you :D

And where it said that it all came from my car was only a paragraph down from the audio links. ;)

The CAI Article said:
These clips were taken within my 1998 Mustang, during the evening at about 60 degrees ambient temputure, after the car has been running for about 2 hours. The first two clips were taken while on the freeway, cruising along at 70MPH on cruise control. The third, was taken from a dead stop, up to about 4000RPMs in first gear, Then shifted into second. You can hear the "sucking" sound at about 1700RPMs throughout the powerband. During the shift, you can hear the whistle. Modifications, relevant to the sound of the car at the time to the vehicle, were: CAI, ASP Underdrive pulley, Phenolic Spacer, GT True Dual exhaust (yes there are other modifications to my car, but not relevant to the overall sound of the vehicle).

jedikd

i got the same kit from ebay, it is also missing the 2nd rubber coupler, anybody know where to get it?

thanks

punypony

Sleeper
i just installed my intake today and had the same exact problems..... as for the breather hose i went to my local car parts store and bought some 10mm silicon hose and then linked them using the factory fiting on the end of the breather hose and zip tied it all down...... as for the coupler i went to home depot and bought a rubber (dono how it will hold up to the heat but we'll see)3" to 3" coupler (for where the intake tube connects to the maf) but it was to long so ud have to cut it; it will also be loose on the piping but will seal up well once u crank the clamps down .... but other than that it the install wasnt too bad

Rellik

is a dirty pirate
jedikd said:
i got the same kit from ebay, it is also missing the 2nd rubber coupler, anybody know where to get it?

thanks

Taken from the CAI Article ;)

-SOME Ebay vendors are becoming notorious for selling incomplete CAI kits. They only supply one coupler instead of two. Some vendors will say, "You don’t need two", or "that was a complete kit". Don’t believe it. You need two couplers, one for the MAF, and one for the Throttle Body. IF you're so lucky to run into this problem, you can drive down to your local auto parts store that sells ANY CAI system, and get a new coupler. A way around this issue is to contact someone who is familiar with ebay auctions (such as myself or many other people among the V6 community) to get them to take a look at the auction. But really all we're looking for is a picture of the kit to make sure that there are two couplers. If the picture shows two couplers, then you'll probably get two couplers... if it only shows one, you're only going to get one.

For the MAF Coupler that attaches to the induction tubing, you can buy a 3" x 3" rubber coupler from any hardware store. It will fit perfectly on to a MAF, but the piping will have a little slack. But that’s why the coupler comes with ring clamps... tighten it. All you have to make sure of is that there are no kinks in the clamp. You want a good seal.

For the TB coupler, that is USUALLY the one that is included with all of the kits. But in case you don’t get one, you'll need a reducing coupler, from 3" to 2". These can be a little more tricky to find.

jedikd

Rellik said:
Taken from the CAI Article ;)

are you sure that a 3 to 2" reducer is what is needed for the tb coupler? it appears the coupler that I DO have is a 3 to 2" reducer, but it doesn't fit on my throttle body, don't i need a 3 to 3" coupler for the intake to tb coupler? thanks

Drawlin

Unknown, even to me
your tb is roughly 2", the intake pipeing is roughly 3". so yes, 2"-3" coupler. but if that is teh one u have, then you are doing something wrong with it, or your tb isn't stock. other problems could be there, but from what you say, sounds like those are the main things.

Rellik

is a dirty pirate
If the 2" doesnt fit correctly, there are a couple things you can do... take a measurement of hte sizes you need from your application, then go to the store to get hte coupler, or if the coupler is too small... heat it up with some REALLY hot water... the water method has worked inthe past... it makes ruber much more plyable.