Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ebay turbo kit listed 94-97, what about 2001?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Fukitoll, May 28, 2017.

1. Fukitoll

Fukitoll New Member

Ebay has turbo kits complete with manifolds listed for 94-97 models, mine is 2001. Is there any reason these kits wouldnt fit 99-2004 models?

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Link to said ebay kit?

But to answer your question about why it might not work.. the motor mounts are different. The throttle body is in a different location because of different intake designs. And the accessory brackets could potentially be in the way on 99-04.

3. Fukitoll

Fukitoll New Member

4. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

You know... I would buy a kit like this, even if it were just for one-stop shopping for a lot of the random crap. Expect weld QC issues and turbos that may or may not shrapnel. Looks like that's a twin turbo setup...? I'd buy a cookie cutter single turbo setup and buy a brand name turbo. Too bad kits are few and far for us V6ers's :>

5. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

For a grand, id buy it just to see if it fits. I'd upgrade the turbos to name brand ones like garrett or holset. Looks to use external wastegates so i would replace them with name brand 38mm gates.

If you buy it let us know how it fits.

6. Fukitoll

Fukitoll New Member

Im gonna buy it next month and ill definately post back about the fitment, i really cant see it being much different

7. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

I'd run those turbo's no problem. I've got a china turbo on my car now and it works very good.

pixapusho likes this.
  8. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

One issue you'll probably have is sealing the v-bands. What you do is buy a sheet of cooper and cut gaskets out for v-band gaskets. Or you could glob in some copper rtv which is messy, I don't like to use the stuff.

9. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

I've heard good things about the china turbos as of late... maybe the hate is dissipating or build quality is going up. Probably both! I recently bought some Mustang parts from a local who had a turbo v6 as well and I got a chance to talk about the build.

10. Serpent

Serpent Active Member

11. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Im waiting too.. maybe we could all go up on a kit and run a forum experiment. Just got a turbo eclipse as a project... still want to turbo the mustang.

12. Mitchellman

Mitchellman New Member

Hello gentlemen my name is your "ginne pig" I'm not sure if I spelt that right but whatever. Long story short I want v8+ power for the insurance cost of a v6 .where i live you will not pass inspection if your engine do not match up to your vin.
    Okay so I got insurence money today from a wreck. Ill put a down payment, buy insurance and send that 999. Turbo kit to my house its a bad ass looking v6 btw . Thankfully I was blessed with a dad and a welder my only worry is the exaust set up and maybe the oil lines...maybe. Ill decently post pics and progress. Oh its a 2004 and it has 110k miles on it. So wish me luck and if it does not fit ill beat with a hammer until it does or send it back within the 30 days ya got to change your mind which probably won't happen. But my old dad was trying to convince me to go the nitrous route which I mean it would be a daily when I need it and a Honda eater when I want it, but I think this turbo kit will turn out better than I think it would. Only one way to find out ☺ Ill post pics and updates .

JTsStang likes this.
  13. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Welcome to the site guinea pig! Yes, growing up I was either blessed or cursed the old man showed me the ropes. You will need to at least drill/tap oil feed/return lines and then T-off some coolant lines. You will need to cut/weld flanges and extra dump piping. You will need a general idea of how a turbo system works. You will need to weld in a bung for a wideband (don't use your emissions o2's behind the cats, needs to be as close to the turbo as possible). You will need to tune it and make sure you're not running really lean, which will probably happen at first. Excited for your experiment. Have fun and keep us updated.

14. Thestigmach1

Thestigmach1 Thestigmach1

I'm interested to see if the eBay turbo holds up to any real power and if they're reliable. If it can that moves the build schedule up a lot.

15. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Awesome! Start a build thread I'm real interested in seeing the fitment of this kit.