Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Engine cutting out

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by JasonWW, May 2, 2014.

1. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

I have a 2008 V-6 Mustang. I purchased this car used, and have been driving it for a little over a year. It drives good, but there have been a few times the engine has cut out. This happens during hard acceleration, excessive speeds, etc. On my display it says check fuel cap and electrical system. After a several days of starting and shutting down the engine, the system clears and the car runs fine. I took it to the Ford dealer and had them read the codes. They diagnosed and told me they couldn't pinpoint any specific issue. It was recommended to replace control module, which they did. $800 dollars and a few months later, this has started happening again. I was hoping to find info on what might be the cause of this, and hopefully a solution.

2. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

damn that sucks, the only advice I can give you is start with the basics fuel, air and spark, and start checking off what is good, eventually you'll find it, maybe a fuel issue? Idk it could be many things, is. It dying after you let off the gas after hard acceleration? Or as soon as you nail the pedal?

3. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

It will cut out after I nail the pedal, or sometimes when I get to high speeds. It doesn't always dies, it just cuts out. I can let off the pedal and wait a second or two, and then drive on. Just have the check engine light on after that.

4. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

low fuel pressure? Have you ever changed your fuel filter or pump? Maybe the pump is on its way out and can't keep up when you floor it? Idk like I said it could be many diff things sorry I couldn't be more help