Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ENGINE LIGHT GOES OFF AND ON INTERMITTENTLY

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Ponygrl1972, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Ponygrl1972

Ponygrl1972 Member

OK heres the issue..Engine light went on..the code said Cylinder 2 issue...so i started simple..Seafoam run through gas..had the exhaust straight piped..LOVE IT!! Well her gas milage was PHENOMINAL!! Got 19.3 on that tank..had code erased no seafoam premium ALWAYS..gas milage went down afew to the gallon...ran another can of seafoam got 22 to the gallon...light was off and on....when i turned OD off for more power it would come on blink and stay on...this last tank..no seafoam...milage at 20 per gallon and light went off...so do i just let be? I thought about adding the SF to oil and try spraying the injectors...any suggestions b4 things get ugly and we have to dig deeper?

2. douglass

douglass Active Member

usually when you have a flashing check engine light, its due to a missfire. You could hook a scan tool to see if the fault codes stored. If the light has turned off by itself, then its possible the computer has determined that the problem is gone.