Engine may have died.

Codeman

ya pretty much I had to pass because I didn't know if I was going to need a motor or any serious money spent on the car for this. I altogether spent like 3-400 on this repair.

Codeman

To celebrate I did a huge burnout haha. Had to break in the new timing chain.

So on another note I just had got hi flow cats installed and the car died like 2 miles after picking it up so I really never got to hear it. Today I started it and had my dad rev it up. Wow it sounds amazing. I have LTs, hi flow slp cats, divorced duals with glass packs. It sounds amazing, it is not raspy at all anymore it is smooth and sounds great!!!!

Codeman

I fu***** quit. So today on my way home from work I was driving down the same interstate and my car started dying and sputtering and I lost oil pressure. Tow it home again. I pull out the cam syncrhonizer and the the teeth are missing on the gear in the front of the camshaft again. The new synchronizer is fine but the gear on the cam is toast. I don't know what could be causing this? Last time I had this problem and had the front cover ripped off I spun the oil pump with the shaft and it spun fine. Also if it was something with the oil pump I don't know why it would not do it right away afte I put the new gear in? What the heck is causing this? I have a new timing gear set, new tensioner.

kobudo

I fu***** quit. So today on my way home from work I was driving down the same interstate and my car started dying and sputtering and I lost oil pressure. Tow it home again. I pull out the cam syncrhonizer and the the teeth are missing on the gear in the front of the camshaft again. The new synchronizer is fine but the gear on the cam is toast. I don't know what could be causing this? Last time I had this problem and had the front cover ripped off I spun the oil pump with the shaft and it spun fine. Also if it was something with the oil pump I don't know why it would not do it right away afte I put the new gear in? What the heck is causing this? I have a new timing gear set, new tensioner.

I've never run into anything like that problem, but something has to be hitting the teeth and causing them to break off.

Codeman

Ya I don't understand. Last time I found that the tensioner was broken and that it had hit the front cover. I also found a missing tooth on the synchronizer. I then assumed that had something to do with the teeth. I also checked the oil pump to make sure. I don't know if the pump is turning hard. Because the only thing that touches that gear is the cam synchronizer and that is it. The gear is running off the cam and the cam gear on the timing chain is fine. And it is just the spot where the teeth on the synchronizer runs that are sheared off. And it looks like they are ground off. Basically the front of the gear closest to the timing cover the teeth look fine. Then they taper in and sheared off closer to the engine. I don't know if the oil pump is getting hard to turn or something? But that is weird cuz I could turn it by hand. I am going to have to take it all back apart and see. I got to find a gear and can hopefully have it by wed or thursday. I bought the gear from ford and am hoping it has a parts warranty. I ordered a new oil pump just incase I need it. I think I am going to pull the front cover and install the synchronizer in the front cover and see what is going on!!! this is really frustrating. I mean not only has it cost me a ton of money buying the gear and having to buy new gaskets now again. Plus I have to take 5-6 hours of my time and be down on my car. Plus I work all day on cars and get sick of working on them when I come home. It is different when I am adding performance but fixing stupid problems.

I was tempted to just put the car in the ditch when it started acting up and collect the insurance money lol. Just kidding.