Engine Pull

Timmy7728

Was Wondering if any1 has any tips on pulling the 3.8 outta my musstang .. Please post them all help will be appreciated bought it with a blown 3.8 and bought 1 cheap with 75k on it. Doint the swap on Saturday Any Tips/help will be app
Thanks In Advance by the way this is my first mustang. Thanks Tim

taylor0987

i prefer to remove the accessories and brackets with the engine in the car, remove the radiator and fan, remove the upper intake, and then pull the engine and trans together.

The hood doesn't need to be removed-- instead, take off the windshield wiper arms and flip the hood back towards the windshield. You may want to put a blanket on the windshield to protect the hood.

t's03six

Also put a jack under the tranny and drop in down some this will help you get yo those top tranny bolt. When you have all of those out bolt the tranny back in place. also helps when hooking up the frist o2 sensor which is a pain.

skidawgz

Under the Wrench.....
i removed intakes heads and moved them out, put the power steering and compressor tied to bay, remove batter and such... jack up tranny and unbolt. hoisted engine out. label everything possible and take pictures at intervals.

t's03six

i removed intakes heads and moved them out, put the power steering and compressor tied to bay, remove batter and such... jack up tranny and unbolt. hoisted engine out. label everything possible and take pictures at intervals.

can not stress that enough if this is your frist pull