Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust help please

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 0utcast13, Jun 10, 2016.

1. 0utcast13

0utcast13 Member

Well I have 2002 5 speed I just changed the exhaust manifold and gasket and it still sounds like i have A leak. I checked it when it was running and can't feel a thing. Sprayed carb cleaner and noting changed did all the tricks to try and get the rpms to jump and noting. Is there any thing else that can cause the problem? My next step is to change the intake gaskets? I'm used to having v8s so the v6 is new to me. I have searched the forums and can't seem to find any thing. Any ideas or thoughts would help. Thanks.

2. kitsune1324

kitsune1324 Member

The 99-04 drivers side exhaust manifold usually tends to crack causing a small exhaust leak. I had this on my 00 so I took it in and had the oem welds ground down and the manifold re-welded and it fixed the problem for me. Otherwise, if it's not a leak, it could be the ticking issue that many of these cars suffer from..

3. clever351

clever351 New Member

in addition. . psngr side has ac comp. it tends to expose header (below comp) to moisture. premature rust caused broken flange on mine. grind weld grind

4. Serpent

Serpent Active Member

get the stethoscope out and see if you can hear where the noise is coming from. check the injectors first.

5. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Necro'd. I went through two sets of manifolds before I switched to shorty headers. Couldn't be happier. If you're in it to win it, get long tubes.