Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

exhaust leak?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by jc51119, Nov 20, 2014.

1. jc51119

jc51119 better than you

For about 2 weeks now my car has had a knocking sound on the passenger side. I looked and didnt see any noticeable cracks. You can smell unburned fuel and my spark plug wire closest to the front was viberating. I puled it off and a piece stuck to the spark plug. I also could see most of the spark plug. I was under the impression that these should be all the way and and hard to see. It was also a little loose but didnt want to unscrew all the way. Any ideas?

2. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

The spark plug is loose or the wire is? it sort of sounds like your plug wires are old and degrading if pieces are coming off.

3. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

Thats what id think, iff your plug wire broke as you pulled it off, time for some new wires, wouldnt hurt to actually check the plugs while your at it, they can tell you alot

4. jc51119

jc51119 better than you

Thanks guys yea the boot came off of the plug and metal was still attached to the plug. I hope its just a wire issue. I have had no loss of power.

5. jc51119

jc51119 better than you

So I changed the plugs and the one spark plug that was loose and still having the issue. I put a tube up to the sparkplug hole and can hear the leak and smell gas. any new ideas?

6. jek57

jek57 New Member

It almost sounds like threads are stripped or the plug was crossed threaded when put in