Exhaust Piping Filled with Mud

ntc432

Ok, well i noticed today that someone pulled a prank and filled up my exhuast pipe with mud and now it's dried up and it's inside the piping. Anything similar like this ever happened to you guys and how did u clean it. thanks

ps: I have an idea on who did it so don't worry about that.

AZ2KVert

Old guy
Assuming the mud is not packed in too far (e.g. up over the axle), you should be able to reach in with a homemade tool (bent piece of coat hanger) and scrape most of it out. Then use a wet rag on the end of a stick get the rest. That's what I'd try....

94sexystang

That's what she said
Just run the hose up there and blast it out.....

Actually park your car on a slight UpHill area so the front of your car points upwards some.....then just take a hose and spray up the exhaust pipe.....while the car is OFF obviously. You could also take a homemade stick with sponge and soap and run it up the exhaust pipes some...then let it sit for a few minutes then jus spray it out.....

NOTE: Dont spray it up past the axel, because the mufflers are on the other side of the axel and its probably not too cool to get alot of water in there,although the exhaust will still blow most of the water out if some does get in the muffler.....

I wouldnt even worry about the mud, just take a pipe or stick and scrape it off, run some water up the pipes alittle bit and when you start her up, the rest of the dirt will eventually come out....