Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust that doesn't sound like crap?

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by blackstang04, Jan 3, 2007.

1. NeoTokyo

NeoTokyo New Member

Springfield Mo - Back to California this Fall! -
    The clip that Mustangpython supplied was a very good sound clip and is about as good as your going to go without swapping the cams. If you want more rumble then you need to go with a more agressive set of cams if the exhaust just isnt doing it for you.

Because this is a 60 degree block you should concider looking at 1990-1996 (90-01 Japan) stock exhaust and Pacesetter exhaust for the Z. Though that sound clip sounded just like my wifes Z and she has a catback with pacesetter mufflers. Thats about as good as its going to go. The pacesetter Z mufflers have dual tipped 2.5" mufflers (Stock was 2" dual tipped.) I should also mention that the tips come from a single 2.5" centerport that Y's out, not like the Series40 Dual series.

The Z has several resonators through the exhaust to help tone down the high pitches and bring out the low rumble, it sounds more agressive, remove those resonators and you start to sound like a honda. The best thing to do is try not to go too big in this case, not to flow too much, it will start to sound ricey.

Im not saying buy Z exhaust, its just a platform to look at for a great sound with good idle lope. If I were you I would get the components to that sound clip and get bigger cams, your brother and you should be very happy with that setup.

PS. This sounds bad in here I know, but with the extra money you will spend in exhaust and cams and a tuner for that combo you could just spring for the GT. Not trying to step on toes here, just saying if the sound is really important to you then the V8 sound cant be beat.

-Eric-

2. goldenstang00

goldenstang00 Chebby Guy

Where is that clip you emailed to me a long ass time ago?

Back before you had side exits? It was borla something.

Best v6 exhaust sound ever.

edit: It was bassani. http://www.3.8mustang.com/Media/bassani2.mpg

3. NMStang218

NMStang218 Hello My Name Is

i didnt think it was anything special:eek:

Def sounded better than stock and most setups ive heard around here tho.

4. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

Sounds decent, defaintly not the "best V6 ever" though.

5. em27blacktop

em27blacktop Active Member

6. goldenstang00

goldenstang00 Chebby Guy

In my opinion it is.

7. MustangPython

MustangPython Chevy Guy

Thanks NeoTokyo, Im glad you like my clip, even though the vid is upside down and taken from a camera phone. (clipped camera phone to sun visor). I like the way it sounds, It got a little deeper in tone when I put my CAI on. I dont know why but it did.

8. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

9. NMStang218

That is seriously the best one ive heard.:thumbup:

But one thing needs to be addressed tho: Are all six cylinders firing or is that the clip where one of them wasnt?

10. Red_Stang_02

Red_Stang_02 New Member

Yeah, this thread has been around a while, but some of us are just getting started with the 4.0 Stangs (or at least soon to get started - so sorry to highjack) ....I'm getting ready to get a new stang soon and will prob go with a V6 because I'll have a 50 mile drive to work and a completely loaded V6 is still a couple of thou less than a stripped GT. I'm thinking I dont want to cut up the exhaust and change the reaer bumper on a brand new car... I've seen performance mufflers for sale and am thinking of going that route. There's a few I've seen - loadmouth, mac, magnaflow - but they all say they sound the best - LOL. If I could get it to sound like my 02, I'd be really happy. The 02 has the stock Y-pipe with a Magnaflow dual cat-back. Anybody have any thoughs, experience, advice??

11. StuStang

StuStang NSFW

The only advice i can give is that ive heard the magnaflow system first hand. My buddy has one on his 06 and it sounds great. Its the single outlet version, and i bet this helps make it louder than dual. Fantastic sound, but he also has jba shorties on there. Not sure if they make a difference, but they're there.

12. 97mustang3.8l

97mustang3.8l $500 DX Killa

thats the one were he was only running on 5 cylinders im pretty sure but someone will correct me if im wrong

13. NMStang218

yeah...im pretty sure this is correct. Although it hasnt been directly addressed...you can tell by his behavior.:thumbup:

14. Fokus83

Fokus83 In the slow lane...

I have a single GT muffler on mine and I like how it sounds. Not ricey, not too loud... but definitely noticeable. VMP tuning posted a dyno sheet claiming 10rwhp with just that muffler... I'm inclined to believe that now. I wouldn't go with true duals unless you're adding some serious power... and dummy duals are just cosmetic IMHO. If there's no extra power to be had with true or dummy duals... then I say keep the money for a different mod and keep the v-6 look that way they know it was a 6 as you're pulling away from them :)

15. Raymond

Raymond `

Yeah I'm trying to talk my brother into the single GT take off muffler with a nice tip but he's stuck on wanting duals. I get what he's saying though, if it was mine I'd want duals too. Just something about mustangs to me, they pretty much have to have duals to look right. Idk, I'm just scared he's going to put flowmasters or something and it sound funny. Who knows.

16. rollin202

rollin202 New Member

heres a few clips i found... i dont think they sound bad as all they just dont sound v8 u know///:rolleyes:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S6PZ7zOcDSY&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xsooTIamiHc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dBOqXOdinRw&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fLlbWScTjSM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3t6WB_3XtbQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2mn9ujK7CLA&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wn7KTGOG7yw

good luck... from the looks of it i dont think the flowmasters sound too bad... i sorta like the 4.0 sound because it pops alot...:thumbup: good luck rayray with your bros car ... when he gets his exhaust itll be funny in your house if his sounds better than yours....:lol: :crazy: :D le tme know when he gets it i wann hear that shish