Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Pat83, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Pat83

Pat83 New Member

Hello My Name is Pat im from Germany (sorry for My Bad english :p )
    Did anyone know if the Exhaust from a 08 GT fits on My 2010 V6 Mustang??
    Thanks for help.

Peace

2. maxwellmurder

maxwellmurder Member

It will fit. But remember our exhaust is 2 1/4" and the GT is 2 1/2". I had to get a couple of adapters to get the 09 GT cat back exhaust I bought for my 2010 V6 on the car. You'll also need a few muffler hangers for the driver's side muffler. I would recommend taking it to a shop to have them install it. I installed mine on my back with the car on jack stands and it was way too much work. I never got it perfect either so I'm having it re done in the spring next year.

3. Pat83

Pat83 New Member

Ok cool
    Thanks for help Maxwell

4. Germany

Germany Member

Ich habe 2 gebrauchte Endtöpfe ( 1 Jahre Alt), da ich mir neue Endtöpfe von Ford Racing gekauft habe; ich hatte Bedenken der Tüv wegen, also wollte Explicit dass es "Ford" darauf stand, falls die Leute bei der TÜV etwas monieren würden. Na gut, sonst klingeln sie viel besser als die Originale, ohne sehr Laut zu sein. Die Auspuffe von der V8 passen nicht bei dem V6 und umgekehrt, da andere durchmesser haben.
    Gruss aus Bayern

5. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Hallo. Vielen Dank für den Austausch. Der V6-Abgasschlauch ist etwas kleiner als der GT-Abgasschlauch

Ich sollte auch beachten, dass der V6-Motor verwendet eine selbst Zündfolge werden. Der V8-Motor ist ein Crossplane Kurbelwelle mit einer ungeraden Zündfolge. Deshalb ist die v6 kann nicht wie der V8-Sound. Der Klang im Leerlauf ähnlich sein.

Gruss aus America.

6. terlingua4.0

terlingua4.0 Member

7. thomas slavens

thomas slavens New Member

Hey pat yes the exhaust should fit i just put exhaust from a 10 mustang on my 07