Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Exhaust

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by mattmocny, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Serpent

Serpent Member

Suek likes this.
  2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

The best stock V-6 sound I heard was with Pypes mufflers on true dual exhausts. Pipes were 2 1/2" diameter. And, they were set up using GT exhaust hangers and there are already holes in the rear frame rails with which to bolt the hangers. 1999-2004 Ford Mustang GT Mach 1 Rear Exhaust Hangers OEM The hangers use a 1/4" steel bent rod which welds up to the chrome tips. Those hangers will work with chrome tips under the stock bumper or with cut-outs which look mostly like a Cobra or GT with twin exhausts.

3. KirkComer

KirkComer 1999 3.8L 5 Speed

Well... it sounds better than my 3.8 but I still don't think it sounds great.lol Thanks for the link though.

4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Member

You have to learn to appreciate a V6's sound for what it is. I think V8's are probably the best sounding engine out there (a Merlin V12 wound up sure sounds amazing though). When I put dual exhaust on my 76 Fords 300 inline six, I had to accept the sound it made, because I had the V8 expectation in my head. Love the six sound for what it is, it will grow on you.

Suek likes this.
  5. Suek

Suek Member

Whew nice !

6. Suek

Suek Member

nymustang99

7. Suek

Suek Member

Right the rods. I've seen the ones you slide in too and then the ones on the side. Me I don't have either. One side the passenger side I have to figure on where to put a hanger farther back. I did see a couple possibilities. My passenger side tail pipe has a clamp and hanger hooked right about 5 inches from the edge. I have to move that, I want to put on long tips. I'll figure it out. I thought with some luck someone had already did that and tell me what they did. I'm going to look at that link though. Thanks !

8. Suek

Suek Member

9. kite

kite New Member

got mine from American muscle.com free shipping on anything over 5
    $50.00 . mine sounds great.

10. Suek

Suek Member

Well I don't know if I was the only one that had trouble with pipe height with the Jegs performance cat back (Assuming the Summit racing one is the same because people say they're also made by Heartthrob). The drivers side was lowering like it was the stock pipe. The other side if you are to put longer tips (I put 12 inch tips) has to be relocated. The people that put on my exhaust had all kinds of Mustangs in front. They didn't know what they were doing. I said to them what about the low pipe? They said that's the way it's made and made no effort to fix it. Lol I went to another shop and they fixed it within an hour. They also showed me where the other people screwed up. NICE. I am posting pictures of the relocation of the clamps and what they did IN CASE someone bought this kit. I already complained to Jegs. They gave me a gift card. I may write Heartthrob too. The mufflers do give some sound. But when I had one single Flowmaster 40 it was a little bit louder with a 4 inch tip. The previous owner put that on. Believe it or not sounded not bad. Lol

Attached Files: