Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Facts No Fiction On Performance With Your Bolt On Mods

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Duggie, Mar 16, 2014.

1. protias

protias Member

Sorry, brain fart...MT82 is the current (from '11+) transmission.

2. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

lol its ok, I haven't the slightest clue on anything 2004+, mines a 2000 3.8

3. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

That's a good time you ran 14.059. I have yet to break into the 13s I ran 14.0s and I agree I think it is amazing what the 3.7 can do. I would like to try that 109 octane to see what that will do. Do you buy that gas at the track? My son told me that if I took off the 50 tires off the front and put some narrow tires on the front and drag radials on the rear I could hit the 13s. I'm very happy with the quickness of my car and the fun it brings me.

4. silverstallion92

silverstallion92 New Member

I've heard that changing gears makes a the biggest difference. Idk if this would count as a bolt on but a lot of people talk about them. I was also watching a video on the gears and they say that 3.73 is more for a manual and a 4.10 is more for an automatic... Any thoughts?

5. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

that was true when the automatic transmissions sucked up way more power than the manuals so there was a power/acceleration disparity between the two. Nowadays with the s197.5 and up, the transmissions are roughly equal in power. So you choose a gear depending on the kind of driving you want to do or speed/power you'll get to at the strip.

GreenStang13 likes this.
  6. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

installed some BBK ceramic shorty headers today, fixed a small leak and I'm pretty sure throttle response is a tiny bit quicker but that could just be me lol
    No real performance gains to report on the headers alone, just a deeper sound at wot. Next is the rest from the headers back, haven't decided which direction I'm going to go from there, as far as mid pipe and cat back, I just know I wants as deep and relatively loud as possible.
    Eventually I want to get new shocks struts, springs, and cc plates and lower her like 2 inches, or as low as reasonably possible.
    And I've also been thinking about gears, if I do them I'd get 4.10s, that's if/when that happens, hah.

But yeah, overall very happy with the BBK shorties, glad I got them instead of oem replacements.
    Longtubes later down the line

Markstang likes this.
  7. audioAl

audioAl Coyote Red

Installed Airaid "tube" & American Racing 23lb Shelby razor rims w/ new 275/40/18 Yokohama S-drive rears. Got grip? tn_Yokohama 275's & Airaid tube 004.JPG tn_Yokohama and Shelby's 004.JPG