Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

falken ze512's out of stock...

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by supercriz, Sep 12, 2007.

1. supercriz

supercriz 1997 3.8L Mustang

i tried to make an appointment to buy some falken ze512's at my local tire shop, but they said it's been discontinued for 275/40/17 size... they offered me some falken fk 452's for the same price (512's are cheaper)

what i originally wanted: falken ziex ze512

what they're offering me for the same price: falken fk 452

i told them i'd jus pay a lil more and get nitto 555 extreme performance's instead, and they said they're out of those too and will have to order them...

just wanted to know what you guys think... should i go with the falken 452's or nitto 555's??

2. supercriz

nevermind... i did some research, then called them back and said ill go with the falkens 452's...

[​IMG]

3. Brandon

Brandon Better Than Sliced Bread!

order offline and save some cash... unless they mount/balance free and offer free rotations

4. supercriz

yeah technically i am ordering offline. that site allows me to reserve the tires and make an appointment to pick them up and get them mounted and balanced. i gotta make my final decision by noon tommorow...

5. POS

POS I wish I was rich

452's are good. i rocked the 512's for a year. they only lasted that long. they are great for dry cheap tires. they suck in the rain/snow unless you love sliding into things. i could take those circle turns to get on free ways at 60mph with no suspension mods. i could take the circle turns in the rain and snow at 10mph. BIG difference

6. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

Just FYI, that really means nothing when referring to performance summer/dry tires.

7. POS

POS I wish I was rich

well it kinda does. can you take turns faster then 10mph in the rain. i have shitty tires that i got for free and i can take the same turns at maybe 50mph and still 10mph in the rain.

8. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

I was referring to how you reviewed the performance. How fast you take a certain turn means nothing.

Saying that they suck in rain because they hydroplane all the time and will slide everywhere, that does.

9. tedness

tedness Mellow Yellow

for future reference, nittos are a helluva lot stickier but probably not as good for rain as the falkens.

10. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

I have the Falken 512's. I think they do great in the rain. Compared to the Uniroyals and Goodyears I have had before, these are great.

11. POS

POS I wish I was rich

^maybe my car just sucks. i had barley any traction in the rain and stepped the rearend out accelerating quite a bit.

12. supercriz

thanks for the replies... i'm just gonna get the falken 452's... :thumbup:

13. StangBandit

StangBandit Devil Boy

Ran the ziex 512's for a year, I agree with everyone else, crap traction in the wet, very good for the price on dry pavement though. Didn't even last 30k and I was farely nice to em.

Currently running Zexius XI 326's 245/45/17. They offer a little less than the Falkens on dry pavement, still not bad though, but are way better in the wet, although it is still farely easy to light a rear tire up in the wet. I'm hoping for 40k out of this set, my g/f had the XI 326 on her old car and they lasted quite a while, even going to the drag strip almost every weekend.