final pieces to ProCharger puzzle

blackenedESP

i got my used ProCharger kit in a few days ago and i just wanted to make sure i knew for sure, the last few parts i'm gonna need for the install. the kit came with everything except the fuel pump and injectors. so...

fuel injectors: the injectors are pretty expensive but i was referred to these (http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=634cPath=9). will i need the connector adapters for these or no? VMP has a set for $300 that do not need the connector adapters so if i'm gonna have to get the adapters, i'll just get them from VMP.

fuel pump: just gonna get this one from VMP (http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=6&parent=21). unless i happen to find it a lot cheaper somewhere else. but i know that's right.

boost/vacuum gauge: i've seen a few of them in the $70-$90 range and then others $200+ that include the "sending unit". i don't know what a sending unit is, do i have to get one with that or no?

LC-1 wideband: i'm having Justin remotely tune it so i'm getting this from VMP. i've seen the #3769 on ebay for $155 though, i'm assuming there is no difference?

ReaperStang79

I recommend getting the blue cobra 39#ers and the svt focus fuel pump. Just get any boost/ vac gauge, they usually come with the tubing to connect to your upper intake (vacuum). Also, make sure you get the LC-1 wideband and not the LM-1. They are kind of the same, but I do know the formula to input into x-cal is much simpler w/ the LC-1 so you can remote tune w/ Justin. Hope this helps.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
blue 39's are a direct swap...no adapters needed. You will need the 03-04 focus fuel pump which is the green top pulsating pump. There is only one focus pump used for high hp apps. You can find this pump on ebay or a local junkyard and buy the whole assembly. I am currently running one from a focus from the junkyard...no problembs...paid 40bucks for it. I am running a mechanical boost/vac gague bought from local parts store for 30bucks and is pretty accurate,it's sunpro. I am running the lc-1 summit brand wideband that I cought on sale and give 200 for it including gague. You will want to have a wideband gague for convience.
Congradulations on the procharger purchase. You will definitlly like it. Good choice having justin tune you...he did one hell of a job tuning mine.

edit...make sure you buy the 9pin mini din from justin to hook up the lc1 to your x-cal 2or3

blackenedESP

ok, i just ordered the blue Cobra injectors ~$250. i'll check out some junkyards and stuff for the focus pump before i buy VMP's. it is the green top one and specifically mentions being used for super/turbo '99-'04 V6's, but $40 sounds a lot better than $179 ha.

by wideband gauge, do you mean an air/fuel ratio gauge?

JTsStang

Boosted V6
ok, i just ordered the blue Cobra injectors ~$250. i'll check out some junkyards and stuff for the focus pump before i buy VMP's. it is the green top one and specifically mentions being used for super/turbo '99-'04 V6's, but $40 sounds a lot better than $179 ha.

Gague meaning displays actual a/f. Yes the 03/04 focus pump is what you will need and is the pump you hear about for sc/turbo apps.

Ltngdrvr

The LC-1 is just the converter for $155, doesn't come with the display gauge so you have to get that seperately.

You can get it together with a digital gauge for $200 or less on ebay, that's what I bought.

One with a analog gauge costs a little more.

blackenedESP

ok so let me get this straight. now i just need...

- LC-1 wideband (to log air/fuel ratio for Justin)
- 9pin DIN cable (to connect LC-1 to XCal 3)
- air/fuel ratio gauge
- boost/vacuum gauge
- Focus fuel pump

correct?

blackenedESP

i went to an auto recycler, got a fuel pump from a 2004 Focus. it doesn't have a green top though, it's brown. previous post said it should be green. is this ok or did i somehow manage to get the wrong one?

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Yeah thats the wrong pump. You need one from the 03-04 focus. They must have give you one the is compatible. Make sure it has the green top next time.

blackenedESP

no it's the one that was in an '04 Focus. they pulled it from the car while i was there. but i forgot to mention SVT Focus, i just said Focus.