FIRST Ford Barra motors in the USA! IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!

Straya

If your not putting a turbo on these motors best look for the FG falcon Barra motors they are up over 195 kw factory compared to the 182 kW in the ba falcon and if you find a turbo Barra with the blue rocker cover that's the king of them all

Straya

I stand corrected you are right I didn't think about the FG sprint which is 325 kW and 370 kW in over boost

Straya

I'm pretty sure crank and rods are all the same it's just pistons gungin pin placment then all those little things that are different but basically the bare bones that you need are cheap to obtain where pretty lucky we can get the basic turbo motors complete for about 1500 Australian dollars some times complete cars come up around three to five grand

Straya

Yes true but there like your Mustangs to us there cheap as chips but no doubt with ford not making any Australian built cars and the falcon being replaced by Mustangs that may change the new stangs are over fifty grand ere around eighty thousand for a gt type

08'MustangDude

Profile Violation
People here think their used mustangs have 24K gold in them SOMEWHERE..
They're still overpriced... People selling used V6 New Edge mustangs for $5000
with over 100,000 miles on them, rust, **** interiors. I was able to find a 2002
for $2700 that was in great shape, for one of my boys. The interior was immaculate.
Needless to say, he did not take care of it, now it's worth nothing... I got a $3500
0% 15 months on a credit card, he was supposed to use the rest of the money to fix
the rust and he didn't. Had it priced out at $150.00 per side, he dicked around, now
it's bad on the passenger side, and will cost a LOT more now. He's selling it as soon
as he gets his tax return, and pays me the $2800 BALANCE. Yeah, had it a year,
and hasn't even paid into the cost of the car yet, made the minimum payments instead
of the AGREED $150+ a month, and the car is trashed. He was late making the
payment twice, and they revoked the 0.0% interest for the remainder of the 15 mo
term, plus two late fees. NEVER again...

Straya

Sounds like Australia with the falcons and commodores I paid two grand for my ba last year interior wasn't the best but my dog riped the back seat so in the look out for another all leather interior ahhh cars the joys I tell ya and don't let money or lack of it stop ya from helping ya kid mate money comes and goes and money is just man mad slavery any ways I'm sure later in life he will apricate it more than he shows now

08'MustangDude

Profile Violation
Helping is fine, but he's been late making the payment twice, and the 2nd
time I had to make the payment because I got a collection notice. He took
100+ point off my credit score screwing around... That's what I get for
helping...

Straya

Yea I guess I can understand what ya saying I don't have a good credit rating myself but I still get things done but I've learnt to be happy with just waking each day and to see my daughter and my dog happy and to hoon around the streets when the coast is clear ahhh just remember lad no one makes it out alive so enjoy the days don't stress to much on stuff that really don't matter peace
Helping is fine, but he's been late making the payment twice, and the 2nd
time I had to make the payment because I got a collection notice. He took
100+ point off my credit score screwing around... That's what I get for
helping...

Paul Ferris

Hey, does anyone here know if these motors are all sold?

My main question would be about motor mounts (assuming it would bolt to the same mounts as the old 250 inline 6, which I think uses the same mounts as the pushrod 5.0?) -- and the bell housing, if it's for a T56 -- is it the same bell housing mount as for a recent modular motor?

Hey, does anyone here know if these motors are all sold?

My main question would be about motor mounts (assuming it would bolt to the same mounts as the old 250 inline 6, which I think uses the same mounts as the pushrod 5.0?) -- and the bell housing, if it's for a T56 -- is it the same bell housing mount as for a recent modular motor?
Yes, they are all sold but im bringing in more. I have 3 on the way, i have deposits on 2 of them so 1 is available. These motors are newer FG motors and come fully dressed, with ECU, wiring harness, electric gas pedal, alternator, ps pump, ac compressor ect... the newer FG motors are better and more expensive. I need $3000.00 plus shippong from me in Florida to wherever you are.

I have been told by some Aussies that the old inline 6 motor mounts work with minor modification.

The Barra has its own bellhousing bolt pattern, quicktime makes a bellhousing for the Barra to T56 and 1 for a powerglide. There is also an Aussie company that makes a Barra to TH400 bellhousing as well.

Paul Ferris

I'm thinking this is a great deal.

Looking for someone putting this in a Fox chassis? Any idea if this had been done?

How can I contact you? I'd like to chat briefly about this but ablea 95 percent certain I'm going to buy your third motor in this set :)

Paul Ferris

I'll be friending you man. That looks awesome. Are you using the stock k-member? Just watched your first video and subscribed to your channel.

Braindead

00R0R_3qQAvLGr62C_1200x900.jpg
Its cheaper to take the na motor and change the pistons and exhaust valves.

I recently purchased a 182 Barra for no particular reason and no vehicle to put it into, but it was actually quite inexpensive. So I bought it. Now I have a Lotus Seven replica, a Triumph GT6 and the option to get a very nice running MG Midget. I don't usually gravitate towards imported cars, but I recently bought an unfinished 5.0 Spitfire and now it is finished except getting the brakes on the 9 inch to play with the rest of the system. At this point I found out how inexpensive vintage British sports cars are and bought a raft of them. It appears any of these might fit the Barra engine into it other than height but I won't mind being able to see the top cover.
To the point, you mentioned changing pistons and exhaust valves, is that critical even if I set it up for mild boost pressures, like 7 to 10 PSI?
Assuming I even bother to turbo it, these cars are between 1100 to 2000 lbs fully dressed in stock trim.