Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Floor pan brace

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by GiGistang, Mar 24, 2017.

1. GiGistang

GiGistang New Member

I am also new to this forum stuff. I just purchased a 2005 v6 convertible which besides having a lot miles (155K) seems pretty solid for sitting for the last 4 years, but once I got it up on the lift the floor panel braces were completely rotted and I cannot seem to find them anywhere except ford and they list for more than $700 each for the pair. Does anyone have any ideas where to get these?

2. ProjectVicky

ProjectVicky Wrench Monkey

Are you talking about the subframe connectors (they stiffen the body and go under the floor of the car) or just the whole stock floor pans? If it's the floor pans, you can get them at junkyards for a lot less than $700 and if it's the subframe connectors, check American Muscle or some of the forums have them for less than $100 (uninstalled).

3. GiGistang

GiGistang New Member

I am talking about floor pan braces, which is what the ford site referred to them as. Apparently they are only installed on the convertible model. I have attached a picture of the of the underside of my car. 216754_FE3913C1.jpg
    The floor pan braces are the diagonal tubes running from the bottom of the trunk to the frame. If I can not replace them I will probably need to fabricate something similar.

4. ProjectVicky

ProjectVicky Wrench Monkey

$700 for that?! I bought something similar from Detroit Speed for the front of an El Camino and those were like $120 for the pair! I've never seen those, I guess cause I mostly see coupes. I guess they needed to stiffen the convert's chassis. I'm willing to bet you can fab those yourself with some square tubing and hammering the ends then drilling holes. Although, from the pic, it looks like just surface rust. If it is, you can sand it and paint it.

5. GiGistang

GiGistang New Member

I do think I can fabricate something very similar, without much work. The ford site has them at more than $700 each. I know it looks like surface rust but once I took them off, the ends that are not visible in the picture are rusted right through. Thanks for your thoughts.

6. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

I suggest either fabricate or find a set at a junk yard. Maybe something done with box tubing.