Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flowmaster 40s vs. Super 44s

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Moses03, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Moses03

Moses03 New Member

Hey y'all! I'm looking at exhaust options for my 2014. I'm planning on getting an x-pipe fabricated at a shop and then running either Flowmaster 40s or Super 44s. I haven't decided which. In y'all's experience, which ones are louder and which ones have a deeper tone? I'm going for a sound that lets everyone know "I'm not stock, but I'm not gonna break your eardrums." So, more pony car, less import.
    Also, I'm keeping the cats. What do you guys suggest? I know it'll never sound as good as a 5.0, but these engines sound pretty good if you treat 'em right!

2. cjb321

cjb321 New Member

I've run both the 40 and 44 BUT not on a v6. In my experience on my v8 truck the 40 was slightly louder then the 44 but the 44 had a deeper tone. Maybe see if the shop will let you hear both and decide from there?

3. Moses03

Moses03 New Member

That's what I've been seeing from other people's experience, the 44s tend to be deeper. Not a lot of people have them on V6 stangs though!