Flowmasters or MAC Exhaust on a '99-'04 V6?

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
But Markstang, I cannot use that Mac Dual Exhaust Conversion if I'm also going for long tubes

I could have used the pace adapter with the Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit but it won't work with my long tubes
I'm sorry but it really sounds like you're confused. The pacesetter adapter has rear flanges made to the same style as a GT will have. The rear of the MAC midpipe is made to those same specifications.

A GT catback will fit a stock GT midpipe, a MAC v6 shorty H-pipe, a pacesetter v6 midpipe adapter.
A V6 dual exhaust conversion cat-back will fit a stock v6 midpipe and... nope, that's it.

That's why if someone asks me I always say get a GT catback and find an adapter, because it's more versatile and you can reuse the catback if you upgrade exhaust later on.

The v6 dual exhaust conversion catback will not fit the pacesetter adapter. Not because of your longtubes, but because of the midpipe having a different number of flanges. Call or message or somehow contact MAC and ask them if they can send you the flowtubes only (the front two pipes with flanges on both ends) from the GT catback. Explain that you have the v6 catback that hooks to the stock midpipe and would like to avoid buying an entire new catback since the one you have is pretty much the same. I'm trying to save you money.

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
But Markstang, I cannot use that Mac Dual Exhaust Conversion if I'm also going for long tubes

I could have used the pace adapter with the Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit but it won't work with my long tubes

Found another video of the MAC setup before I put on the turbo:

Anyway, instead of guessing what you need/don't need, why don't you contact MAC directly and see what they say?

Doesn't the Mac Catback come with the mac prochamber mufflers anyway?
also, I am selling my dual exhaust conversion kit because I found a mac catback for a very cheap price.

Also MAC told me all I need are
Shorty H pipe that fits long tube headers
Mac Catback
Hangers (I can reuse my hangers from my dual exhaust conversion kit)
O2 sensors

now the last one has me confused....where does this come from? I bought the H Pipe and it came with "o2 sensor bosses & airtubes"
So do I now need to buy O2 sensors???

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
ok it doesnt matter then. at least you're not paying full price. Robb is talking about the prochamber midpipe. it's very similar to having a dual in, dual out muffler stuck into your midpipe in the place the h crossover is. Completely different sound from it.

The front two O2 sensors read the exhaust to determine air fuel ratio and the rear two measure if the catalysts are doing their job. You need at minimum 2 for the engine to run right. The rear ones being absent or plugged in to your new midpipe with no cats will set off a code without a tune or mil eliminators to alter the signal.

thanks markstang
got a link for two 02 sensors that I exactly need for this set up?

also I'm aware I'll have a CE light but I don't plan on tuning the car till after installing a cam (no ported head or intake, just a cam). Instead of wasting money doing 2 tunes, i'll just get one tune after installing the exhaust and cam. im planning on running a 218/224

Markstang

Polishing my banhammer
nah, just run to a parts store and pick up some stock replacements if you're not going to reuse the old sensors because they're too old.

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
rockandrolling said:
Also MAC told me all I need are
Shorty H pipe that fits long tube headers
Mac Catback
Hangers (I can reuse my hangers from my dual exhaust conversion kit)
O2 sensors

now the last one has me confused....where does this come from? I bought the H Pipe and it came with "o2 sensor bosses & airtubes"
So do I now need to buy O2 sensors???

Wouldnt i need 02 extensions because im getting longtubes?
You're killing me, Smalls.

Reuse your existing oxygen sensors. You will probably need O2 extensions with long tubes just to make sure they reach.