Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fly wheel help

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Dylan Cole, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Dylan Cole

Dylan Cole New Member

Hey everyone, thank you in advance. So I recently took my clutch off to replace it and while under and in there j decided it wouldn't hurt to look at my fly wheel. So i did and there were some heat cracks in it, not to big not to to deep but they were there. So I brought it to my local welding shop and asked the guy to look and see if he's could machine it, he said yea just go to Ford and get some dowels for it... I said yea alright easy enough. I go to Ford tell them my model and year and they said it me "we don't make anything for that any more" I said well would the dowels be universal from another year? And they said no... So I followed it up with a "so where would/could one go to find a fly wheel for it?" And the guy had no clue... I start looking online and I can't find anything under 300 Canadian. So if anyone could help me find a fly wheel for a 2000 3.8 v6 (externally balanced) that would be muchly appreciated!!

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Never go to the dealership for automotive parts. They are always at least 100% more expensive than any parts supplier.

Here's what I found
    this HTML class. Value is https://www.rockauto

CrzyMunk likes this.
  3. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

This site won't let me post full links.. anyways, just enter your year make and model and click the various drop downs and find your flywheel

4. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Have to buy new aftermarket. Dont buy SACHS it only works with a SACHS pressure plate. I reused my old flywheel and i regret it. So much chatter. Ill be going back in with a stage 1 setup from AM soon, but the v6 is NOT worth $700 in clutch goodies imho