Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Flywheel questions

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by bwalk772, Jan 25, 2018.

1. bwalk772

bwalk772 New Member

So i purchased a new SPEC billet steel flywheel and SPEC stage 1 clutch and was searching for new hardware to go with it but i cant seem to find any hardware specific to my car (2000 3.8l). Is the hardware for the v8 flywheels and pressure plates the same as the v6?

2. Lonnie-S

Lonnie-S Member

Extending bwalk772's question somewhat, I have also heard that some 289/302 flywheels can be used, but might require a starter change due to different gear sizes on the V8 flywheels. Is there any definitive info somewhere on which other flywheels that can be used on the 3.8L V6?

I have a 2000 V6 that is going to be reworked and I want a lighter flywheel. I hear the V8 flywheels are about half the cost of similar ones sold specifically for the 3.8L V6.

I'd also be interested in recommendations for vendors of street-use aluminum (or lighter steel) flywheel and clutch assemblies.

Thanks,