Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ford Blows: Extended Warranty is bull****

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lildude1089, Jun 12, 2007.

1. lildude1089

lildude1089 EH?

so this is the third thing ive brought to Ford now, and its not covered in the extended warranty, WTF. Isn't it supposed to be bumper-bumper. My seatbelt retractor was apparently not covered, a wierd nosing when you apply the BRAKES, may not be covered they want $100 to just check the damn thing, and squeeks everywhere isnt covered!!! my window squeeks everytime it goes up, and down. :mad: :mad:
    shudnt of taken the warranty, cudve started modding earlier.

2. dvon1981

dvon1981 Resident Beer Guy

Did you read your extended warranty? Many of them are powertrain, perhaps you should read before you say its bullshit.

3. Corrupted

Corrupted don't be a suck-up...

maybe you cudve looked into the extended warranty more

4. sgramer

sgramer Big LoZer

I am not surprised the brakes are not cover as those are considered a normal wear item. Also most of Ford's ESP's are not bumper to bumper like the manufacturer warranty.

5. Camaro95V6

Camaro95V6 New Member

It's called reading. Stop living in the ice age.

6. Brandon

Brandon Better Than Sliced Bread!

There is a TSB on the seat belt not retracting for the mustangs, look it up. As far as wear and tear the noises and such are wear and tear and are not covered.

7. StangMan04

StangMan04 Well-Known Member

I dont buy extended warranties. Just a way for Ford to get more $ and then bitch that they won't fix it.

8. joshs21

joshs21 Now a Mach 1

I was going to say the same thing. You shouldn't have to pay anything for the seat belt, mine was covered after warranty was up.

9. rgl

rgl i eat rice

yea my driver's side window squeaks when it goes up and down also... grr...

10. Shibby3.8

Shibby3.8 Page 9 Club

no pity for you. Everything is spelled out pretty clearly in the warranty contract as to what is and what isn't covered.

and you want squeaks covered?! you're out of your mind. it sounds like most of the things you want repaired are wearable parts. The brakes? have you ever heard of a dealer replacing brake pads under warranty? gimme a break. The reason they charge you $100 just to look at it is so people like you aren't constantly taking up their time with pointless non-warranty covered requests that once you find out they aren't covered under warranty you don't want performed. In essence they want you to stop taking up appointment slots for pointless ****.

11. Aynjell

Aynjell Well-Known Member

I bought my car when I was a 100% total newb. They told me to get the warranty and my dad nodded, so I did. Turns out it was 2000$ that covered roughly 2000$ worth of parts. Wait a minute... I'm paying 2000$ to cover an 800$ engine and a 1200$ transmission? The parts that are most likely not going to break and I could pay for out of pocket if they did, with BETTER parts? Heh, interesting. It wasn't worth it, so I traded it back in and got 1000$ for it, so I was happy.

12. V666

V666 UCF

How dare you complain about Ford:rage: without them youd be posting on hondaswap.com

13. Aynjell

I'd be cool, then, though. =P

And my extended gay warranty was from my dealer.

14. mxracer27

mxracer27 New Member

Sounds like you have some bad luck! My car is in the shop getting the crankcase seal replaced for FREE under warranty. I even have procharger, ported/polished intake, spec clutch/flywheel...

15. Aynjell

Sometimes, knowing people helps. Luckly, the guy at my local shop is a mustang fanatic owner too, and for some reaosn, that really helps. :crazy:

16. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Getting warranty-work in general usually sucks... let alone extended warranty work... and ESPECIALLY when the wording of the warranty doesn't cover the components in question.

On the plus side, you're safe if something catestrophic ever actually happens.

17. lildude1089

lildude1089 EH?

the brakes are not a wear and tear issue, everytime you turn to the left and brake simultaneously, there is a grinding and pinging sound... dont tell me thats wear and tear...

18. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

When brakes, as well as other parts, ware out as they are supposed to, they can and often do start to make sounds. This is usually a sign they are worn. Brake pads and disks are covered by a very limited warranty. They are usually only covered if a failure occurs far before the expected replacement time/mileage or a sign of a defect, and even this is pushing it sometimes. Other brake components such as the calipers and master cylinder are covered by either powertrain or standard warranty I don’t remember.

Break pads and disked will ware out. Its how they work. Its hard to warranty something that is supposed to degrade and be replaced repeatedly over the life of the car.

The last 2 cars I have owned I had thrown a lot of money into ware items. With my new one, I had them include a service plan that covers parts and labor for everything. Oil changes, break pads, clutch, and what ever else you can think of is covered. So for anything that goes wrong or even for scheduled maintenance, I don’t pay a damn thing.

Anyway, anything that has “grinding” and “breaking” in the same sentence referring to your car is not a good sign. It could mean you have completely lost a pad and are grinding the back plate directly on your disk. This will destroy the disk and cost even more money to fix.

19. Dennis1417

Dennis1417 Well-Known Member

:wtf: Are you dumb? Brakes aren't covered regardless. The $100 is probably your deductable. You probably have a shitty warranty plan, I forked out $1,400 for the bumper-to-bumper warranty until 100k miles, it cames with 32k and has 63k now. It's more than paid for itself. :thumbup:

20. Mustangered

Mustangered New Member

The warranty is basically insurance for when a catastrophe happens..