Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Forged Internal Questions

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by ericgio87, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ericgio87

ericgio87 Member

Hi All,

I currently have an 08 v6...v2 supercharger, dual exhaust, meth kit and some other wheel/suspension mods.

I was talking to the mechanic who's been doing some of the installs for me. My goal was 350rwhp. I'm currently making 300. The boost maxes out at about 11.

He said if I wanted to reach near my goal he'd recommended going forged internals and then he would throw a lot more power at it and feel safe doing it.

My question is...what would I need to add to do this? I checked out supersixmotorsports and I see they have the $875 w/options piston kits. What else would forged internals entail - for the power I'm looking to get? I've been doing some research on the forums but I thought if I post this people might be able to help steer me in the right direction quicker. I'd rather not get a short block even though it might be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks..

2. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

consider this, by the sound of it, you're cramming that 11psi of air and fuel through stock intakes and heads. If you made the intakes and heads flow more efficiently, you could make more power with the same setup.

3. ericgio87

ericgio87 Member

Thanks! I think I'm going to go that route to save some money (I will have to pay to do installs) and it sounds like doing the two will get me near what my goal was.

4. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

The meth kit isn't doing you any justice on 11psi. If it were me I'd do this... Run straight m1 methanol, pulley the blower for 16psi peak boost, keep timing below 18* advance and it will survive. Are you non intercooled or something?

5. ericgio87

ericgio87 Member

No I've got the high output kit so it's got a cooler on it.

6. ericgio87

ericgio87 Member

I heard that 11-12 is usually the max you'd want to go for boost? The car is my dd and I'm not doing any track times at the moment. I'd like for it to last as long as I keep up on it. I was thinking of adding long tubes and a 70mm TB from bbk based off the earlier post.