Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Form Locks UP

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by 6 Shooter, Feb 26, 2014.

1. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Am using Windows 7, 64 bit and Internet Explorer 11. The forum works OK during the day time, but locks up regularly in the evenings. Any fixes?

2. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

Try perhaps using a different web browser, to see if it still has that problem, I don't seem to have any trouble with Firefox.

3. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

Can you give me more information on what locks up means?

4. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

I also use Win7/64. Google chrome works for most of my browsing needs. Sometimes viewing youtube and the like is better with IE/64. The default internet explorer link is to the 32 bit version, even on the 64 bit OS. To use the 64 bit IE, you need to select it either in the start menu or make a shortcut for it.

5. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Basically while entering this website, my Internet Explorer locks up, freezes, the mouse will not move the slide bar. The mouse click will not exit IE. It may take 10-15 seconds for the web page to recognize a movement of the mouse arrow. Usually have to go down to the system tray and click on IE icon and close window, then try again. Seems less likely to freeze in the mornings. Much more likely each time entering the forum in the evenings, maybe due to higher traffic.

When this forum is open, IE freezes, cannot go to another website or open another link. Only solution is to totally close IE and go somewhere else, wait a while, then try V6Mustang again.

6. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Member

Are you running nightly backups brent? Maybe they are taxing the server a bit.

7. Brent

Brent Owner Staff Member

Digital Ocean does a backup but it isn't a daily one. Is this still doing it for you @6 Shooter

8. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

I think IE is your problem.

Brent likes this.