Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Friday Night Update - What are you doing with your 'Stang?

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by pixapusho, Jun 2, 2017.

1. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Hey all.
    After many power steering pumps and new lines, shes till whines. I have just accepted it until I buy a quality pump from AM or convert to Saginaw.

1K on my engine swap and things are smooth. Headers really helped with the exhaust leak issues.
    I welded in a 31" glass pack in place of the muffler and i'm fairly satisfied
    The front is squeaking BAD somewhere... every time weight shifts. Wondering if it's ball joints.
    I've designed a router file to mount some 3/4" MDF behind the seats for an infinite baffle setup with two 15's. Going to throw a sheet of MDF on the CNC machine and go to town. A lot of sound deadening and liquid nails... lol. I'll post pictures next weekend after install and the file will be up for grabs if anyone wants it.
    Meanwhile, 250K on the car and cats of unknown miles, I feel there is a restriction. This is not my first Mustang, and it just doesn't breathe like it should. Those are up next.

What are you guys up to with your Mustangs?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. KirkComer

KirkComer 1999 3.8L 5 Speed

Hey... the rack and pinion is what was making my power steering pump whine. Mine whined like a banshee and pumps would not last very long when my brother owned the car. I replaced everything and it sounds great now. I posted on it a while back. Here is the link: Rack and Pinion Difference v6 vs GT (and Fluid Type)

3. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Right on! Thanks man. I will definitely do that now. Noise is bothering me to no end! I found a toy soldier's arm in my PS fluid... wonder where the rest of him is !

4. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

Kirk, where did you buy the reman rack from? That was a great price.

5. KirkComer

Yea. I just replaced everything. I sprayed carb cleaner through the cooling tube too. I wanted everything as new and clean as I could get it. The power steering pump with the filtration was a no brainer and I also added a inline filter so I guess I'm double filtering. lol Here is a link to the inline filter I used(rockauto sells them too). Product Detail

6. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

20170603_145825.jpg

Here is a crude prototype i built with a jigsaw from an old sub box before getting some MDF on the CNC. Glad I hacked it together now. It fits, but I cant get enough pressure to keep the boards from flexing. Design flaw. Im going to laminate two sheets of 3/4" MDF for a 1.5" thick baffle board and then router them. Sounds great when I apply pressure to the board.

CrzyMunk likes this.
  7. KirkComer

I bought everything from rockauto (pump, rack, lines, filter and belt). I bought the royal purple from Autozone.

8. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

And here's my idea for the baffle... Wood glue in the locking ears, and also I'll laminate some 3/4" over the locking ears after installing... the whole issue is it won't fit as a single piece. Hopefully the 1.5" thick laminated baffle will be enough in the end, and I then the only issue would be solid bracketing.

Attached Files: