Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

~~~Front mount intake~~~

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Stanger4Life, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Stanger4Life

Stanger4Life New Member

Ok guys... so today I was really bored so I got on eBay and started looking around at some different intakes. I have a Mac CAI but my Mac filter tore at the hose clamp cuz I overtightened it. I bought a new filter off eBay and it wont fit behind the fender because the filter is too wide at the base so I have been thinking about cutting the CAI just before the 90* bend that goes into the fender and putting the air filter there with a heat shield around it. Do you think I would lose horse power or benifit from this? Also while I was on eBay I found this:

[​IMG]

Has anybody ever seen anything like this for a Mustang this one is for a Civic!!! :thumbdown I Think that would work good and it would actually look pretty cool too!!!!! Thanks for any help!

Oh ya and here is a link for that picture.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7951531754&category=38634&sspagename=WDVW

2. ndotym

ndotym New Member

One word, dump it and try this 57-2532 Product SpecificationsProduct Style: FIPK
    Type: Gen II

3. Stanger4Life

Stanger4Life New Member

Yea... I would like to have that kit but I just cant see myself spending that much on a cold air intake. I already screwed up and payed 145 for the Mac CAI when I could have basicly got the same kit on ebay for a third of the price!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Oh well! Thanks for your advice tho... Anybody else?

4. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

As long as you use a heat shield, you'll be fine... otherwise you'll be sucking in heated engine air.... = :thumbdown

5. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

True.

I've never seen anything like that filter in the ebay auction you listed installed on a mustang.

6. 95Stang

95Stang mmmmm, sacrelisious

IMO, It makes you look like a poser. It writes "I wish I had forced induction" all over your car. There is a Civic here that has one, I laugh every time I see it, cause it looks so rediculous. Also think about when it rains. It will get water all over the filter and maybe into the intake. Just get another CAI off eBay. Shoot, I'll give my old one to NOT put that on your car. Sorry if this hacks you off, but those intakes hack me off. Just my opinion.

7. V6 SSTANG

V6 SSTANG Part Time Racecar Driver

Looks like an interfooler

8. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

I'll take your old one anyway :D :D

9. Stanger4Life

Stanger4Life New Member

lol! thanks guys I think ill just cut my air filter before the 90* bend and put a heat shield around my air filter! I just thought that intake on ebay looked pretty kool and the idea of gettin all that cool fresh air made it seem like it would work pretty good too! :D

10. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

The same "cool fresh air" is in your fenderwell too ;)