Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Front Sway Bar 2000 Mustang

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Captain Max Silver, Jun 27, 2017.

1. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

I found my front swaybar bushings are STRETCHED! There's a solid 3/16" of extra room! I'm pretty sure that's where my terrible squeaking is coming from :)

2. SixPackSurprise

SixPackSurprise My lil Turd

get the Polyurethane sway bar bushings from Prothane. ( Summit Racing is where I got mine. ) You will notice as difference as if you actually upgraded the sway bar itself.

3. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

I'm on it! So tired of the speed bump squeak, the downshift squeak, the upshift squeak, the clutch-chatter-bouncy-flywheel-ultra-rapid-squeak. On a separate note, they shipped me the wrong flywheel so I just put the old one back in 'cause I was on a timeline. Never again! Not horrible, but not the perfection I was going for :)

I'm assuming these are it: Amazon.com: Prothane 6-1135 Red 27 mm Front Sway Bar Bushing Kit: Automotive

4. Captain Max Silver

Captain Max Silver Captain Max Silver

Make Sure Ya Get The Prothane Grease On The Bushings Not Regular Bearing Grease. Bearing Grease Will Screw Up The Poly Bushings!
    Just Thought I'd Drop My 2 Cents Worth In!

Attached Files:

5. SixPackSurprise

SixPackSurprise My lil Turd

he shouldn't have to buy extra. they, should come with grease from prothane.... but yes, ^^^ this guy is right... You don't need alot either. Just enough to put a thin coat on both the exterior surface and inner surface where sway bar rides.