FS: My 1997 mustang 97,000miles

Tiffany97

I am selling this car b/c It has a blown head gasket and I cant afford to fix it or do it myself. The mechanic said the head is possibly cracked as well but I did not want to pay for them to send it away and find out. So as of now the only issue is a blown head gasket. The car has 97,000 miles on it and I kept up with all the maintenance on it. I really need it off my hands so I would either take 1500 for the whole car. And if I cant get that Ill part it out.

7.5 rear end with 3:73 and Ford Tlok royal purple oil and new bearing kit.
Brembo front pads (8,000 miles on them)
Hawk rear pads (8,000 miles on them)
Slotted rotors
Stock caliper painted black with silver mustang logo
Upper intake spacer
Cold air intake
75mm throttle body
17x9 Saleen rims with 255/45/17 on front and 275/45/17 on back. Back tires pretty much new and front just a little older then new.
MAC O/R H pipe
MAC dual cat back exhaust
SCT Xcal 2 tuner (tuned by Justin at VMP)
Jmod shift kit
Mishimoto 14in performance slim radiator fan (brand new just installed)

Again the only thing wrong is the head gasket and possibly the one head. The entire interior is in mint condition as you can see from the pics. The pictures show its exact condition as of now.

For now I just want to try to sell the car as is. I dont want the hassle YET of mailing things around the US. So Locals can come look whenever they want.

This is an amazing deal for someone who either has the means to fix it them self. Or has the tools to part the car out. I have neither.

MadStang

HAHA WUT
Highly recommend parting it out rather than selling it. People generally don't want to buy other peoples problems, especially a v6.

Sorry to see the car go and sorry to hear about the head gasket :(

btw, i'm interested in your a-pillars & sail panels if you part :lol:

zinsavage123

v6 reppin
thats got me worried about my 96. How the hell did a head gasket go up with such low miles? poor maintanance or something?

Tiffany97

Highly recommend parting it out rather than selling it. People generally don't want to buy other peoples problems, especially a v6.

Sorry to see the car go and sorry to hear about the head gasket :(

btw, i'm interested in your a-pillars & sail panels if you part :lol:
I know. And ill keep you in mind if I part it out.

redv6stang

5.slow
thats got me worried about my 96. How the hell did a head gasket go up with such low miles? poor maintanance or something?

its a common problem with the SN-95 V6 stangs it was more so a problem with 94-95 but it can happen to any 94-98 V6 stang my first car was a 98 V6 stang and the headgasket went with 86k luckly the warrenty i got when i bought it covered it

zinsavage123

v6 reppin
its a common problem with the SN-95 V6 stangs it was more so a problem with 94-95 but it can happen to any 94-98 V6 stang my first car was a 98 V6 stang and the headgasket went with 86k luckly the warrenty i got when i bought it covered it

**** really? how is it caused though to be an issue with those years? poorly built engines? I just never heard of a headgasket issue coming with those little bit of miles. Will this happen to my 96 likely?

Sappy72

Yippee...
.Will this happen to my 96 likely?

Sorry to hi-jack this For Sale ad, but my 96 engine had over 200,000 miles on it. No head problems. :thumbup: I put a 98 engine with 45,000 miles only because it was cheaper and faster than a rebuild done right. Not because the engine wasn't still chugging along. I'm now rolling at almost 216,000 miles :D

GaCivic

Go Buckeyes!
**** really? how is it caused though to be an issue with those years? poorly built engines? I just never heard of a headgasket issue coming with those little bit of miles. Will this happen to my 96 likely?

The ****ing engine is 13 years old for one, you act like it's a brand new car

97mustang3.8l

$500 DX Killa
Car sold last night after an hour of being posted on craigslist. I think I set a record. :)

no last week my friend put his integra on craigslist. the body was totalled, it was overeating, you had to push start it, and it was leaking ps fluid. But he got $500 for it in 20 mins.