Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel rail pressure sensor reading

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 016banger, May 21, 2017.

1. 016banger

016banger New Member

Hey guys, im wondering what would cause my fuel pressure to read 10psi higher on my obd than the actual pressure. Ive hooked up a schrader valve test and my actual psi is running 19- low 20s however my ecu is thinking im running 29 psi. Should i replace the sensor or check my fuel tank for the problem??

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Is it a known good fuel pressure gauge? does it read normal on vehicles that are running good?

3. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Desired pressure across the injectors is measured by the OBD and is NOT exactly fuel rail pressure in psi. The pressure in psi is always less. However, your pressure across injectors is also low and should be 40 plus or minus 2, but will not ever be that close due to the crappy Ford value files used for the returnless pump. Have found much better value files for the returnless pump.

Captain Max Silver likes this.