Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gage reading low oil pressure.

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 04Mike, Jul 6, 2017.

1. 04Mike

04Mike New Member

So I recently purchased a 2004 mustang v6. I noticed the have was reading low oil pressure and really doesn't fluctuate during acceleration. I would check the oil after driving and the oil level is exactly where is should be. Also I have no CEL. Is this something I would worry about?. I'm thinking it's probably a bad sensor.

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

Likely a sensor, less likely but possible the gauge itself. 99-04 cars have a very pointless oil pressure gauge anyway - they dont fluctuate while running. They either read nothing, or anytime it reads pressure above 6psi I think, it goes to one and only one position and that's a shade above the halfway mark. Well, my 99 works that way anyway.

3. 04Mike

04Mike New Member

Thank you for the info!. Yea I was thinking Gage or cluster.

4. pixapusho

pixapusho Member

250K miles: Reads half way. New engine: Reads just a HAIR beyond half way. Oil pressure should drop when it fully warms up. My needle has never fluctuated, it is just one oil pressure reading. These gauges aren't worth paying attention to. Check cold and hot pressure with a mechanical gauge and either rest well or investigate the underlying issue. The gauge reading would bother me as well, so I would start with replacing oil pressure sender.