Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gas Capacity/Gas Guage

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Chris_Arndt, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Chris_Arndt

Chris_Arndt Guest

I have a quesiton regarding the gas capacity of a 1995 Mustang as compared to what the fuel guage reads. I recently filled up my tank, and it got 13.9 gallons in. WHen I pulled in my gas guage was right on empty (The needle was completely covering the red line) on level ground, however 13.9 gallons is a full 2 gallons short of the 15.9 gallon capacity. Is there that much left in the tank? Thats 40 extra miles!

2. Not really sure.  I have read that on the mustang when it reads empty you still have a couple of gallons left.

3. 95Stang

95Stang Guest

I ran mine under the red line before. I does have some gallons left in it.

4. slvrstrk

slvrstrk Guest

There is gas left, but it is there so you dont run out of gas...and trash like water and anything else likes to build up fast in that last 2 gallons...at least that is what my dad always preaches...and I have actually noticed everycar that I am in when it gets close to E starts running a little rougher.