Good Blu Ray article...

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
Well like I requested...I wanted to see some proof...but other than that, I think the article does a good job at refuting your points.

Since you don't want to respond, here is a video of the superior technology in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQG4OFgrpA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo%2Ecom%2Fgadgets%2Fmovies%2Fproblems%2Dwith%2Dblu%2Brays%2Dbd%2Bj%2Dspec%2Dcauses%2Dheadaches%2Dfor%2Dearly%2Dadopters%2D266923%2Ephp

For some reason, I would expect more from a $1,000 machine.

Pinoy Boy

That Guy...
Since you don't want to respond, here is a video of the superior technology in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQG4OFgrpA&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgizmodo%2Ecom%2Fgadgets%2Fmovies%2Fproblems%2Dwith%2Dblu%2Brays%2Dbd%2Bj%2Dspec%2Dcauses%2Dheadaches%2Dfor%2Dearly%2Dadopters%2D266923%2Ephp

For some reason, I would expect more from a $1,000 machine.

LMAO! Well, that's the price of early adoption. Let's face it, most tech released nowadays isn't perfect and most early adopters are guinea pigs that companies use to find the flaws they missed.

That's why I always sit on the sidelines to see how **** plays out before I throw my lot in :)

Narcosis

Drove it, like I stole it
The article doesn't say anything about why blu ray is technologically superior. The entire argument has to do with studio support and that's about it.

Ok...and you said HD-DVD was superior, so i'm waiting on that proof.

nikko

Admin Emeritus

Like I said. HD-DVD is cheaper to produce and has more flexibility as far as codecs and compression mechanisms that to this point have resulted in better quality transfers relesased on HD-DVD.

The difference in storage between the two formats is negligible and does not make one "technologically superior".

Blu Ray's added "features" are nothing but bloatware that increase the cost of the product at no benefit to the consumer. The BDi interactive crap is answering a question that nobody asked. BD+ is yet another layer of anti-consumer "protection" that serves no purpose other than protecting the medium from copying for maybe an extra 9 months at most.

The discs are expensive to press and the lasers are expensive to produce. Economies of scale will eventually bring both of those down but HD-DVD will always be cheaper because of the simpler design and lack of extraneous "features" that do nothing to improve the user experience.

The technology that produces better results and a lower cost would generally be referred to as "technologically superior".

This is not rocket science.

sallystanggirl

Founder of FOIT & TITS
Me and all my co-workers went to Circuit City to get some stuff for work and we ended up spending like an hour in there. My boss and I played with all the surround sound systems trying to pick him out a new one for his office and then sat and watched Blu Ray stuff for a while too (they had couches set up in front of an LCD tv with a moving playing) That was a fun 2 and 1/2 hour lunch :lol:

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
If you read it in it's entirety you would know.

It is the same article that Bill has been putting out every month for the last year. He rewords it every time, but he doesn't mention anything about the tech. Studio support, MS is the devil that doesn't want you to own movies, Universal supports HD so they can double dip the customers when BD wins, blah blah blah, nothing changes. There is still nothing about technical specifications in there.

The same video quality and better special features for less money. Just stop posting. You don't really care about Blu Ray. If Sony had created HD DVD with its current specs, you would be cheer leading for them.

Narcosis

Drove it, like I stole it
The technology that produces better results and a lower cost would generally be referred to as "technologically superior".

This is not rocket science.

haha...quoting yourself is not proof.

EDIT: Ok I did the work for you and found information along the lines of what you stated...the problem is i'm having trouble finding current information on where both technologies stand as of right now. So to that effect, I am still waiting to see some up to date info on where both medias stand.

94sexystang

That's what she said
Sony sucks, i avoid their products whenever possible.

Blu-ray is over-priced junk.

Im going to buy whatever is CHEAPEST.( hell i probably wont even buy either one)

Sony's PS3 is failing, everybody knows it, its just NOWHERE near as good for the money as an Xbox360.

Want proof?
Lets see, go to any Best Buy or Video Store, and tell me why you see ZERO XBOX360's sitting on the shelves and see LOTS of PS3's sitting around...
Easy...because NOBODY is buying ps3's...

Microsoft has just put out the better product, plain and simple.

I will NEVER buy Blu-ray, even if it becomes the standard.
I'll just continue to DL my movies off the internet,haha.

Wandler

@nwandler

Im going to buy whatever is CHEAPEST.( hell i probably wont even buy either one)

Sony's PS3 is failing, everybody knows it, its just NOWHERE near as good for the money as an Xbox360.

Want proof?
Lets see, go to any Best Buy or Video Store, and tell me why you see ZERO XBOX360's sitting on the shelves and see LOTS of PS3's sitting around...

/fanboyism

nikko

Admin Emeritus

Want proof?

Hi sport, this conversation is about next-gen video players, not video games.

mmkay?

TBR

TYVMSAP
Sony makes very great quality products, at least in my opinion.

The Blu-Ray is just too overpriced for the average consumer who buys 4 DVD's off the Wal-Mart 9.99 rack. Like the Laserdiscs of old, I suspect this will die.